Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattJW

It's incredible to think now that, just a few short weeks ago, people here were getting a touch angsty because they felt that Dredd wasn't getting enough promotion...! Enter the Comic-Con screening and those days seem like a distant memory!

Was the screening a long-planned ace up the sleeve, I wonder? The film-makers must have felt pretty damn confident that they would get an enthusiastic response.

And there are still seven weeks to go.....

JOE SOAP

Quote from: MattJW on 22 July, 2012, 06:10:16 PM
It's incredible to think now that, just a few short weeks ago, people here were getting a touch angsty because they felt that Dredd wasn't getting enough promotion...

Many were angsty last year for the very same reason.

Steve Green

I think the poster was the turning point - I could see why people were still a bit angsty when the fb page was up and still had question mark as the avatar.

As soon as the poster and website hit, it's all been pretty smooth with the trailer, LFCC panel and some sterling work doing the PR for San Diego and the screening over there.

MR. ELIMINATOR

I am interested to see what they do next, they have to keep the hype now. It was in top 20 IMDb but has dropped to somewhere in top 200 now. Not sure what number exactly.

As I have said before I would love to see some virals further setting up Mega City One for people who have not read Dredd.

Steve Green

I doubt you'll see much in the short term - TV spots don't really show up until the week before release.

I don't know whether the motion poster would get passed by clearcast or not, you could possibly see that on video posters but there are going to be understandable sensitivities after the horrible events in Colorado.

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm sure they'll have stuff up their sleeve, especially after the SDCC & LFCC receptions. This can only bode well for the creative team concerned and make them want to up the ante as we approach release date!

Albion

The trailer looked great on an IMAX screen today.  :D
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

The Sherman Kid

No Dredd trailer at the TDKR I saw tonight, pity.Still lots of selfish twats checking the time/their messages or whatever on their mobiles throughout the film ,unbelievable.

Pete Wells

Dredd trailer WAS at a very packed Metrocentre Odeon showing of the Dark Knight tonight. I grinned like s fucking loon throughout, I don't think I'll be able to contain myself come Sept 7th!

COMMANDO FORCES

Did you cheer as my name flashed across the screen Pete  ;)

Stan

Type Dredd into 'news' and the first batch up is..Dark Knight. DARK KNIGHT. DARK KNIGHT. DARK KNIGHT!

They were really smart to push this back and time the marketing so it only clashed with one of the mega-blockbusters. Thankfully Man Of Steel wasn't out this year too, which I thought was actually happening until a few months back.

IndigoPrime

I think the timing's smart too. Dredd could have been in the position of having to compete with these blockbusters; instead, it gets to be trailered at these smash hits, and provides some additional (and different) comic-book entertainment for those who are into such things. If Dredd can snare even a small fraction of Spider-Man and Batman fans who didn't even know Dredd existed before, that's a win.

Pete Wells

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 23 July, 2012, 01:20:25 AM
Did you cheer as my name flashed across the screen Pete  ;)

I was grinning like a loon throughout JB, but I must admit I did a cheer on the inside when I saw it!

hazy efc

went 2 see TDKR on sat night and the room was packed there was the routine group of anoying teens in attendence but when that DREDD trailer hit the screen you cuold hear a pin drop i scaned the room and every 1 was glued 2 the screen man did i get a rush seein that trailer on the big screen roll on september  :)

Ghastly McNasty

This might have been answered some where else in the thread - but is there a sexy 2000AD logo in the trailer or at the start of the movie? (for the selected few who have seen it)

Like what Marvel and DC do in there films/trailers.