Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Seconded.

The enthusiasm he's shown for the film has really come across.

Goaty

Agreed! He a top bloke!

Brilliant of casting.

auxlen

I've never written to an actor before but i was seriously considering it. I've followed this film for years and listened to him answer the same questions over and over with no hint of boredom (which must be present).

Seems like a genuinely good egg.

chuffsteruk

Most fans are still waiting to see how Karl Urban's updated take on Judge Dredd works out, but if audiences wind up liking what they see, Urban would be more than happy to dish out more punishment. Asked about a possible sequel for Dredd 3D, Urban responded:

Yeah, absolutely. But you know I just want to say if you know this film is a one-off cult classic, than I'm cool with that because I'm really proud of the film. And we showed it the other night and the audience loved it. And to me that's like, I'm happy. I'm good. If we don't end making more of these, than I'm cool with that because it's all good on my end. If we're fortunate enough if it blows up at the box office, then absolutely I would definitely love to come back and reprise the role and make more of these. I just think there's so much fertile ground to explore within the character and within the world. And I would love to see the continuing story and the evolution of these characters and the relationship between Anderson and Dredd. And it would be interesting to find out more about the world, more about Dredd. It would be really cool to see the Dark Judges. There's so much. And it would be great to – we've seen one aspect, one sector of Mega-City One. It would be great to see other aspects.

SmallBlueThing

You are all missing out on the reason behind that particular detailing on Dredd's gauntlet- it's a port to let the steam out, surely?

SBT

Banners

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES
The Peach Tree Judge visit is ON :D :thumbsup:

Count me in! (or do I have to get a uniform...?)

darnmarr

Quote from: auxlen on 27 July, 2012, 07:23:55 PM
...I've ... listened to him answer the same questions over and over with no hint of boredom (which must be present).
Yep, I suppose I've never followed a film's marketing and publicity quite as avidly and comprehensively* as this before and I really do find the way that the two main stars continually, (enthusiastically and happily) pimp the good ship Dredd impressive: I always think of famous movie-folk as simply basking in continual adoration,— but when you see all these myriad interviews all together it becomes clear that this is real work, and it must be pretty tiresome work too (after a while), because, no matter how much you believe in the project, a question that you've been asked ten times is a question you've been asked ten times, and yet they always answer like it's the first time they heard it.

Perhaps it's just naivety, but Urban's comments (along the lines of being happy to make one good Dredd film regardless of commercial success) really ring true to me, and the comment he made to Blackmocco:
Quote...Told him it was ****ing awesome and I'd been waiting a long time for this. He told me he'd made the movie just for me...
really rings true to me: I reckon the project has been truly blessed with this choice of actor just as much as the earlier project was cursed with all the baggage that came with Stallone.

I don't think this film is gonna disappoint — but even if it did, I reckon I would continue to be impressed with Mr Urban: top gent.

*Cheers for all the links

PreacherCain

Quote from: darnmarr on 28 July, 2012, 12:18:53 AM
but when you see all these myriad interviews all together it becomes clear that this is real work, and it must be pretty tiresome work too (after a while), because, no matter how much you believe in the project, a question that you've been asked ten times is a question you've been asked ten times, and yet they always answer like it's the first time they heard it.

Well, they are actors  ;) :D

Fisticuffs

I've never written to an actor before but i was seriously considering it. I've followed this film for years and listened to him answer the same questions over and over with no hint of boredom (which must be present).

I second this. Do contact details exist? His agent maybe?

karlurbaninternational

TordelBack

Quote from: Fisticuffs on 28 July, 2012, 08:51:27 AM

I second this. Do contact details exist? His agent maybe?

Be sure to cover the envelope in little love hearts and maybe a dab of perfume - it'll help it stand out from the crowd.

;)

Danbo

Don't forget the knickers
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

darnmarr

Keef Monkey

Just saw the Dredd trailer at IMAX before Batman, it felt amazing! Encouragingly, the other male in our group (not a comic fan) thought it looked amazing too.

dracula1

My Batman viewing is next week, almost looking forward to seeing the Dredd trailer more than the main film! :P