Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

I posed the question on his 'Ask Alex' page. Let's hope.

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: Misanthrope on 30 July, 2012, 05:58:39 PM
Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 30 July, 2012, 11:16:22 AM
Quote from: Misanthrope on 29 July, 2012, 11:50:38 PM
Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 29 July, 2012, 10:49:59 PM
Perhaps Rico could use his DNA to make everyone think Dredd had committed a murder of some popular figure - a news presenter or journalist or something?  Then Dredd could be disgraced in a trumped up trial and sent to Aspen, where he bumps into someone he recently arrested.  Somehow they escape, maybe via some crazy Cursed Earth gang shooting down the penal ship, and after many daring escapades Dredd confronts Rico, wipes out a clone bank, and throws his brother from the top of something tall.

You know, something like that...

And this is why I rarely post on here.

I aim to please.  But failing that, driving people away will have to do.

Fuck off.

So..the sense of humour bypass was a complete success then?

MR. ELIMINATOR

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 30 July, 2012, 10:44:34 PM
Quote from: Misanthrope on 30 July, 2012, 05:58:39 PM
Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 30 July, 2012, 11:16:22 AM
Quote from: Misanthrope on 29 July, 2012, 11:50:38 PM
Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 29 July, 2012, 10:49:59 PM
Perhaps Rico could use his DNA to make everyone think Dredd had committed a murder of some popular figure - a news presenter or journalist or something?  Then Dredd could be disgraced in a trumped up trial and sent to Aspen, where he bumps into someone he recently arrested.  Somehow they escape, maybe via some crazy Cursed Earth gang shooting down the penal ship, and after many daring escapades Dredd confronts Rico, wipes out a clone bank, and throws his brother from the top of something tall.

You know, something like that...

And this is why I rarely post on here.

I aim to please.  But failing that, driving people away will have to do.

Fuck off.

So..the sense of humour bypass was a complete success then?

Hey, it's cool.  My posts in hindsight do seem a bit facetious.  No offence meant - I was just messing about.  Apologies all round. Me and Misanthrope have had a quick PM chat, and we're good.  Please ignore the wee exchange above.

Let's get back to Dredd!  Is anyone able to create a BB code counter to put in a sig?  You know 'Judgement is coming in X days' or something?  I really think we need a countdown!

Stan

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 30 July, 2012, 11:38:36 PM
Quote from: Stan on 30 July, 2012, 07:07:38 PM
SFX nudged us over the 7 mark...
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dredd_3d/

Don't you mean 9?

Sorry, I meant the rating. I'm sure it was on 6.9 last time I checked.

COMMANDO FORCES

Would that be a countdown for all territory's or just Great Britain ;)

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 31 July, 2012, 01:47:16 AM
Would that be a countdown for all territory's or just Great Britain ;)

You know, it's very selfish of me, but I was just thinking of the Sept 7th release date.  I forgot other countries are having to wait longer!  :D

MR. ELIMINATOR

Quote from: Stan on 31 July, 2012, 01:32:09 AM
Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 30 July, 2012, 11:38:36 PM
Quote from: Stan on 30 July, 2012, 07:07:38 PM
SFX nudged us over the 7 mark...
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dredd_3d/

Don't you mean 9?

Sorry, I meant the rating. I'm sure it was on 6.9 last time I checked.

Ah got ya! I still don't get how there is a rating out of 10, but RT only has a 5 star system?

Misanthrope

QuoteSo..the sense of humour bypass was a complete success then?

Yes.

Fuck off.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

a chosen rider

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 31 July, 2012, 05:05:32 PM
Quote from: Stan on 31 July, 2012, 01:32:09 AMSorry, I meant the rating. I'm sure it was on 6.9 last time I checked.

Ah got ya! I still don't get how there is a rating out of 10, but RT only has a 5 star system?

The 7.2/10 is based on the ratings given in the external reviews, which all have their own different systems.  Some of them are out of five, some of them are out of ten, and one of them's a B-.  I guess the Rotten Tomatoes site converts all the different scores into an equivalent value out of ten to get an average.

The five star system is for site users to give their own personal rating, (though I assume that doesn't go live until the film's actually out).  If you look at the results for Dark Knight Rises here, you can see on the left it's got 8/10 from the critics and on the right it's got 4.5/5 from the audience.
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

PreacherCain

Just read that Dredd is getting shown at the Toronto Film Festival early next month! The specific date hasn't been announced yet and not sure what the deal is with tickets (it might be an industry thing so harder for Joe Public to get in) but hopefully I'll get to see it a bit sooner than expected!

http://tiff.net/filmsandschedules/tiff/2012/dredd
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/57361

Martin McDonagh's (In Bruges) new film is being shown in there too!

COMMANDO FORCES

I read it was the 6th :'(

karlurbaninternational

I just found out why it will take so extreme longer in my country until Dredd will come out.
They will cut it down to 88min, and Age:16....
I am very.very.very.very disappointed... *biting teeth and leaving*

Frank

Quote from: PreacherCain on 01 August, 2012, 03:21:57 AM
Just read that Dredd is getting shown at the Toronto Film Festival early next month! The specific date hasn't been announced yet and not sure what the deal is with tickets (it might be an industry thing so harder for Joe Public to get in) but hopefully I'll get to see it a bit sooner than expected!

http://tiff.net/filmsandschedules/tiff/2012/dredd
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/57361

Martin McDonagh's (In Bruges) new film is being shown in there too!

Toronto was where The Raid made such a big splash and generated positive word of mouth last year .

Goaty

Yeah and The Raid got $4 Million American Box Office!