Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CYCLOPZ

Something about that guy  grabbing onto the grating on the right side of the screen where people are being gunned down makes me think he's a cgi character. I assume he'll be meeting a very messy end. :thumbsup:

dracula1

Where can we get the merch' please!? Urban's jacket is fekking ace! (I'd love to buy one and some nice exploding DREDD 3D posters to  :o).

Fisticuffs

I'd give an arm and a leg for a replica film helmet. :(

Stan

I notice the K-Man agrees with me on Origins..

"'Origins' is great. For anyone who hasn't read much Dredd they should get a copy as it pretty much outlines how the world of Dredd got to be the way it was. It's written quite late in the history of the character, so there's a great maturity about the story. I also think 'Necropolis' - which features the dark judges (such as Judge Death) - would make a really great film."

radiator

It looks like the title of the movie appears in the credits as the modern comic logo, before shattering into the original classic Dredd logo in slow motion.

If so, that's frankly mind-blowingly cool, and pisses all over the 1995 movie's apologetic, feeble flickering pages of comic art from a great height.

Goaty

Quote from: radiator on 15 August, 2012, 04:19:58 PM
It looks like the title of the movie appears in the credits as the modern comic logo, before shattering into the original classic Dredd logo in slow motion.

If so, that's frankly mind-blowingly cool, and pisses all over the 1995 movie's apologetic, feeble flickering pages of comic art from a great height.

Hope Blackmocco reply of which title intro in the film? if it like this one, would be glad!

radiator

I'm pretty sure it is - and it looks to me like it starts strobing, which blends into the first scene of the movie proper - Dredd racing down the highway, lights strobing behind him.

Slick.

James Stacey

some non street uniforms in there too

Goaty

Anyone notice the red/blue siren in Lawmaster headlight?

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Goaty on 15 August, 2012, 04:32:26 PM

It was in the trailer, when the four Judges rode their Lawmasters in a line!

Goaty

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 15 August, 2012, 04:42:05 PM
Quote from: Goaty on 15 August, 2012, 04:32:26 PM

It was in the trailer, when the four Judges rode their Lawmasters in a line!

Aw I miss that! thanks!

COMMANDO FORCES

Come on, I would have thought that you'd have watched the trailer at least a few hundred times and took all the details of every scene in by now  ;)

Danbo

Loving the music too,is that the films score and if so is that piece Dredds theme tune and my new ring tone?
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Goaty

well about 85th time, only 15 more and I would notice it!  :lol:

Could anyone describe me what the soundtrack like (can't play it in office to feelings the sounds!)

Danbo

Modern sorta techno (kids still call it that?) with 70's 'John Carpenter' synths over the top.reminded me off a harder Daft Punk.
Cool stuff.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.