Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HdE

The hell?!

I just read a review that says 'it's not strictly true that Dredd never takes his helmet off in the movie'.

Concerned now.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Frank

Quote from: HdE on 15 August, 2012, 09:46:49 PM
The hell?! I just read a review that says 'it's not strictly true that Dredd never takes his helmet off in the movie'.Concerned now.

He gets dressed at the start of the film, but you see nowt.

Fisticuffs

[spoiler]"Do you require backup?"

"No."[/spoiler]

Awesome sauce. I can't believe how much I am looking forward to this film. :D

Judge_T

I attended Wizard World here in Chicago this past weekend and was a walking billboard for the movie in my Dredd costume.  Nobody knew when the movie was coming out and some didn't even know a movie had been filmed.  Lionsgate had a booth where they were passing out Dredd badges; but the people at the booth didn't even know who I was dressed up as (Dredd) or what the story was even about.

Fisticuffs

The Lionsgate people themselves didn't recognise you?

Ouch.

HdE

Quote from: bikini kill on 15 August, 2012, 09:48:02 PM
Quote from: HdE on 15 August, 2012, 09:46:49 PM
The hell?! I just read a review that says 'it's not strictly true that Dredd never takes his helmet off in the movie'.Concerned now.

He gets dressed at the start of the film, but you see nowt.

Hurrah and thrice yay!

You are now my new favourite poster here.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Judge_T

Quote from: Fisticuffs on 15 August, 2012, 09:55:26 PM

Ouch.

Yeah, the people working the Lionsgate booth had no idea who Dredd was or even recognized me in my PR costume.

Molch-R

Ouch.

Means nowt - they're just events people hired to hand things out, not people from Lionsgate itself.

Judge_T

Quote from: Molch-R on 15 August, 2012, 10:03:24 PM

Ouch.

Means nowt - they're just events people hired to hand things out, not people from Lionsgate itself.

True they are just hired.  But it's strange to be handing out Dredd badges and posters and not know who he is.
Plus they did a terrible job advertising the movie; as I said no one I talked to knew when the movie was coming out or that it was even in production.  I set them straight so hopefully that'll be a few more seats in the theater.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Did anyone else think he sounded really weird when he said "You have 10 seconds to comply!"

It was like his accent kind of broke back through or something.

So stoked for this, can't believe how close it is.

Also another thing, why didn't they use the same Logo from the film on the poster?

radiator

Films very rarely use the same logo on the poster and in the credits.

Steve Green

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 15 August, 2012, 10:25:44 PM
Did anyone else think he sounded really weird when he said "You have 10 seconds to comply!"

It was like his accent kind of broke back through or something.

So stoked for this, can't believe how close it is.

Also another thing, why didn't they use the same Logo from the film on the poster?

That, and the reply sounded more like the on-set audio, a lot of it was probably re-recorded afterwards.

Not sure why they'd use it but it sounded so different from the rest, that's the only explanation I can think of.

COMMANDO FORCES

It looks like he's using a tiny hand held microphone to boost the volume of his voice in an authoritive way, making the perps unsure of what to do and second guess what he may be doing!

Goaty

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 15 August, 2012, 11:15:24 PM
It looks like he's using a tiny hand held microphone to boost the volume of his voice in an authoritive way, making the perps unsure of what to do and second guess what he may be doing!

That what I thought too.

JOE SOAP

That EPK would've been shot while the film was shooting so it may have been cut together before the film was finished sound-dub/ADR.