Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

QuoteI am bouncing on the inside at the thought, especially if they design the covers to be dreddtastic, maybe with jock involved. And it has to have hours and hours and hours of production details to while away the hours after Christmas dinner.

I suspect that the DVD release date is probably going to be early 2013.

Stan

Steve Green

Can't see it on my phone but from what Alex said in the pub they did some painting out of crew reflected in the visor - so its more likely general specific reflection shots than slomo in particular.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: DeFuzzed on 04 September, 2012, 01:53:43 PM
Quote from: radiator on 04 September, 2012, 12:34:44 PM
They'll probably do a special edition DVD/BD with more features if the standard release sells well.

Personally, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some sort of exclusive slip-case or steel book edition. I'm a sucker for those things, to my shame!

I am bouncing on the inside at the thought, especially if they design the covers to be dreddtastic, maybe with jock involved. And it has to have hours and hours and hours of production details to while away the hours after Christmas dinner.

Re Your Xmas dinner comment, Alex Garland told us the only way we'd see a DVD release before the end of the year is if it tanks at the box office.  We know that ain't gonna happen, right?!? :D

Steve Green

Quote from: Steve Green on 04 September, 2012, 03:57:08 PM
Can't see it on my phone but from what Alex said in the pub they did some painting out of crew reflected in the visor - so its more likely general specific reflection shots than slomo in particular.

OK, after seeing it yeah it's probably that CU from the Red Band clip where the gang are reflected.

DeFuzzed

Quote from: radiator on 04 September, 2012, 03:38:09 PM
QuoteI am bouncing on the inside at the thought, especially if they design the covers to be dreddtastic, maybe with jock involved. And it has to have hours and hours and hours of production details to while away the hours after Christmas dinner.

I suspect that the DVD release date is probably going to be early 2013.

I'll delay Christmas. Seriously though, any Christmas, every Christmas, like I used to do with Star Wars and now do with LOTR. I can wait. By all accounts, they've delivered above and beyond expectations and the least I can do is spend spend spend.

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 04 September, 2012, 05:14:39 PM

Re Your Xmas dinner comment, Alex Garland told us the only way we'd see a DVD release before the end of the year is if it tanks at the box office.  We know that ain't gonna happen, right?!? :D

In that case, I definitely don't want it for this Christmas! God, the anxiety never ends! - don't get me wrong, it's been wonderful waiting for Dredd with you all, but I really don't want to be this invested in another movie ever again! It's stressful. So stressful. And that's not even counting the stress that comes from arguing with other forum members over every little thing Dredd-related; just worried for the movie stress, for the cast and crew and hoping they get the success they richly deserve.

shaolin_monkey

The Sherman Kid

Never been so invested in a movie before EVER either, but will happily do it all again if we get a sequel. :thumbsup:

DeFuzzed

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 04 September, 2012, 06:01:18 PM
Never been so invested in a movie before EVER either, but will happily do it all again if we get a sequel. :thumbsup:

Yeah, well, that goes without saying :)

I want the same team though. Without Garland, Urban et al, I can't see me getting enthused even if it means more Dredd on the big or small screen. They come across as such good people and regardless of how good the new folk might be, I don't think I'll get over losing them.

radiator

The prequel comic by Matt Smith and Henry Flint is online now: http://www.scribd.com/doc/104439907/DREDD-MA-MA

MR. ELIMINATOR

Same here, stupidly obsessed with this film. Can't sleep I am that excited.

SKD

Dredd gets a little mention in this weeks Radio Times (8-14 Sep) in the Doctor Who feature (p6-7) for [spoiler]Dinosaurs on a Spaceship.[/spoiler] 'Director Saul Metzstein had been "shooting second unit on Dredd [in cinemas this weekend], so we knew he'd be comfortable with large-scale effects"

Further on in the issue Dredd pops up again in '...A Night at the Cinema' (p44) with a very short plot synopsis and a 4 STAR rating.

I know these are only snippets, but it's getting Dredd out there into the public consciousness.:thumbsup:

Stew. 

chuffsteruk

chuffsteruk

There's also a Dredd banner add on there.Click on it to see more positive quotes from reviews!

Richmond Clements