Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Given that approx. seven people saw The Raid, a lot of these reviews are coming across like knowing film reviewers spewing their stuff out. Typical of late, though. (See also the critical reviews of Brave, because CRITIC KNOWS BEST.)

That said, at least I can see The Raid. Might be giving Dredd a miss, due to there seemingly being no 2D showings anywhere nearby. Gutted. (I can't focus well enough on 3D and it makes Mrs G sick, so that's just great. *sadface*) SFX reported similarly the other day. I genuinely cannot think of a single other 3D film that's had such poor distribution for the 2D print.

Fisticuffs

Seeing as Dredd is rated 18, I'm not too bothered that Radio 1 gave it a poor review. Bit like CBBC giving it a bad press, not exactly the target audience...

Stan

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 06 September, 2012, 05:00:47 PMThat said, at least I can see The Raid. Might be giving Dredd a miss, due to there seemingly being no 2D showings anywhere nearby. Gutted. (I can't focus well enough on 3D and it makes Mrs G sick, so that's just great. *sadface*) SFX reported similarly the other day. I genuinely cannot think of a single other 3D film that's had such poor distribution for the 2D print.

Did you check the latest update for 2D screenings?
http://film.list.co.uk/article/45206-dredd-2d-screenings-around-the-uk/

Mudcrab

Quote from: Goaty on 06 September, 2012, 02:43:22 PM
Wanna knows what really funny is? That Daily Star got different Judge article next to Dredd 3D advert;

Looks like they've got the SJS after him now  :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-19503922
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

COMMANDO FORCES

Just picked this up, hence the mark around the pattern before I wash it. It looks amazing close up :D

Goaty

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 06 September, 2012, 05:14:12 PM
Just picked this up, hence the mark around the pattern before I wash it. It looks amazing close up :D

Should have your Mo in same style!

The Sherman Kid

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Stan on 06 September, 2012, 05:03:47 PMDid you check the latest update for 2D screenings?
I'd not seen that, but the nearest place is Crawley, which is an hour's drive in perfect traffic, and to an unknown cinema, too. Mrs G was up for seeing the movie and even tried to book tickets, but not when it involves setting off absurdly early, to cater for the M25. It also looks very much like the only places with 2D prints are cinemas that don't have 3D capability. (I'm not thrilled about the prospect of an unknown place either—cinemas vary wildly, and our most local Vue is impossible to deal with for us, with films seemingly out of focus on every screen, and so we drive to one a bit further away.)

The film's distribution [EDIT: and/or venue decisions] is also flirting with discriminatory behaviour, I'd say, given that many people can't deal with 3D films. It's a real pity, but that SFX thread showcases quite a few people are going to stay away, due to not having a choice. Looks like we'll be hanging on until the film ends up as an iTunes rental, and will instead spend the hours this weekend in the sunny weather, which isn't such a bad thing. But, y'know: nuts. I really wanted to support this film: it's Dredd; it's 2000 AD; it's British. Tough, I guess.

JOE SOAP

Why don't you paint your face like that gang 'the Judged' did in the film John?

MR. ELIMINATOR

Did you get that  T-shirt made or can you buy 'em?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 06 September, 2012, 05:28:11 PM
The film's distribution is also flirting with discriminatory behaviour, I'd say, given that many people can't deal with 3D films. It's a real pity, but that SFX thread showcases quite a few people are going to stay away, due to not having a choice.

Isn't that up to the venues/theatres themselves rather than the Distributor?

Spaceghost

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 06 September, 2012, 05:29:28 PM
Why don't you paint your face like that gang 'the Judged' did in the film John?

Paint? Pah! If he was a REAL fan it would be a tattoo.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

darnmarr

on the 3d thing... you should be able to watch a 3d film in 2d if you get two pairs of glasses and pop out the polarising lense for a right eye and replace it with the polarising lense for the left and vice-versa. I think, in theory.

judge cooper

how bad is the film meant to be? (as in violence etc...)
NAZI ZOMBIES!!!YYYEEEEEEEEEAAAARRRGH

MR. ELIMINATOR

Just take the glasses off? The only difference is I think the background will be blurry. And only in parts.