Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Something Fishy on 08 September, 2012, 09:49:14 AM
Quote from: Mudcrab on 07 September, 2012, 11:41:20 PM
Quote from: Something Fishy on 07 September, 2012, 11:13:56 PM
Quote from: Pioneer on 07 September, 2012, 10:43:15 PM
Just got back myself and am still in awe, and am most definitely in to contribute a tenner for you Fishy! No Dredd fan should be in the position you are in.

Also don't cancel that subscription, that's a madness right there! ;)

That's really kind, thank you.

I will think about it over the weekend,  I was feeling really annoyed about it earlier.   At the mo I just feel acceptance that I'm not seeing it but I am upset at them or thinking about the less able eyed.  I see what people say About it not being rebellion.  Mind you I tweeted and they ignored so I don't think they really care what a view folk with visual impairments think.   I will give it some though.

Good to see you're calming down on the point Fishy, I'd contribute too (as well as a reshowing next year for those too young now!) if you'd accept it, have fond memories of the banter amongst us aquatic boarders from long ago  ;)

I totally see your point and completely agree there should be more 2d showings. Hopefully that'll come with time over the coming weeks. There was a lot of great 3d work in the film (way better than Prometheus, which is the only other one I've seen), but it does distract and a film should be able to stand on its own, which I think it will (aside from the odd bit of obviousness, hard to say without seeing it in 2d).

Thank you. Yeah it does sound like they at least did it properly for those who can enjoy it.

I'm thinking alightly differently now and thinking the best way i can protest is by investing nothing in the film itself and simply not seeing it until it is on free tv in a couple of years.   They might care really but if everyone who feels strongly did the same then they'd notice.

I'll also see if Rebellion ever make any comment on the impact cutting out non-stereoscopic viewers has (lots of people can't see it and are venting it) before deciding if i cancel the subs.
Once again: IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH REBELLION.
I'm truly sorry to hear about your problems, bit this is like blaming Volkswagen because your car doesn't behave like Herbie.

JOE SOAP

Blaming Rebellion and 2000AD (who make comics not film) for a film distribution concern seems totally irrational for a decision mabe by theatre chains.

Something Fishy

well they could at least have said something, show that they support those cut out by this decision whoever made it.

Bloody shame.

Something Fishy

That's made my mind up actually.

I'm out of here.  Cheers all.

hazy efc

I just got up and im still buzzing after seein dredd yesterday so much that im gunna go see it again but this time with a big group i cant wait to see some of there reactions when they see it  :)

Bubba Zebill

This is superb news...delighted you can all see it and it seems DNA have pulled it off and honoured the source material! Wonderful news.

Now go see it 10 times...I will when I get a chance, when it makes it to this outpost.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

judge cooper

I only have one problem. why can't they use the original armour and suit
NAZI ZOMBIES!!!YYYEEEEEEEEEAAAARRRGH

JOE SOAP

Quote from: judge cooper on 08 September, 2012, 11:00:02 AM

because it was a drawing, it's hard to wear a drawing.

judge cooper

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 08 September, 2012, 11:01:03 AM

I mean make it

Steve Green

Building it is possible.

Pulling off stunts with the large pads is a lot trickier. Look at how quickly Stallone got rid of the pads as well as the helmet.

Then there's the issue that the rest of the world is not that outlandish. Which makes a guy walking around with a giant sculptured eagle even more out of place.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: judge cooper on 08 September, 2012, 11:01:49 AM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 08 September, 2012, 11:01:03 AM

I mean make it

Because it would look shit.

judge cooper

Richmond Clements

Steve just answered that.

darnmarr

Honestly, of all the possible criticisms of this film: the 'where are the flying cars and shoulder-pads?' one is the most mystifying to me...

Goaty

My answer to you is below me..