Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michaelvk

Quote from: Dandontdare on 12 September, 2012, 08:23:33 AM
Quote from: blackmocco on 12 September, 2012, 12:09:38 AM
The sad part is most people think this is a remake of Demolition Man. Haha! Everyone gets them mixed up.

yeah, one review I read had the obligatory paragraph mocking the previous movie, particularly mentioning the codpiece and... Wesley Snipe's hair. *sigh*

And these people call themselves film fanatics (otherwise they wouldn't be a 'critic').. Is there a linky?
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: A.Cow on 12 September, 2012, 03:07:10 AM
Spoiler tags work fine on my Android.  Perhaps you have one of those dodgy fruit-based mobile devices?   ;)

And on my iPhone. Must be a Blackberry. Do people still have those?

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

James Stacey

The tapatalk app doesn't show spoiler tags on the iPhone. Safari renders them fine

Goaty

SuperSurfer

Quote from: Goaty on 12 September, 2012, 11:21:20 AM
Dredd B-Roll footage; Nice Lawsmaster at action!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YFshggQM88
With added screengrabs on page 542 of this thread.

chuffsteruk

This might make a certain person happy(and so it should!)

From Facebook:"Looking at the footage of the Lawgiver firing, and the action of the slide kicking back like that. Looks counterweighted; to reduce recoil somehow, perhaps?

Whoever designed that built one sweet gun."

Michaelvk

Quote from: chuffsteruk on 12 September, 2012, 12:36:41 PM
This might make a certain person happy(and so it should!)

From Facebook:"Looking at the footage of the Lawgiver firing, and the action of the slide kicking back like that. Looks counterweighted; to reduce recoil somehow, perhaps?

Whoever designed that built one sweet gun."

You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: Something Fishy on 08 September, 2012, 09:49:14 AM
Quote from: Mudcrab on 07 September, 2012, 11:41:20 PM
Quote from: Something Fishy on 07 September, 2012, 11:13:56 PM
Quote from: Pioneer on 07 September, 2012, 10:43:15 PM
Just got back myself and am still in awe, and am most definitely in to contribute a tenner for you Fishy! No Dredd fan should be in the position you are in.

Also don't cancel that subscription, that's a madness right there! ;)

That's really kind, thank you.

I will think about it over the weekend,  I was feeling really annoyed about it earlier.   At the mo I just feel acceptance that I'm not seeing it but I am upset at them or thinking about the less able eyed.  I see what people say About it not being rebellion.  Mind you I tweeted and they ignored so I don't think they really care what a view folk with visual impairments think.   I will give it some though.

Good to see you're calming down on the point Fishy, I'd contribute too (as well as a reshowing next year for those too young now!) if you'd accept it, have fond memories of the banter amongst us aquatic boarders from long ago  ;)

I totally see your point and completely agree there should be more 2d showings. Hopefully that'll come with time over the coming weeks. There was a lot of great 3d work in the film (way better than Prometheus, which is the only other one I've seen), but it does distract and a film should be able to stand on its own, which I think it will (aside from the odd bit of obviousness, hard to say without seeing it in 2d).

Thank you. Yeah it does sound like they at least did it properly for those who can enjoy it.

I'm thinking alightly differently now and thinking the best way i can protest is by investing nothing in the film itself and simply not seeing it until it is on free tv in a couple of years.   They might care really but if everyone who feels strongly did the same then they'd notice.

I'll also see if Rebellion ever make any comment on the impact cutting out non-stereoscopic viewers has (lots of people can't see it and are venting it) before deciding if i cancel the subs.

A Peter Fish has given Dredd a zero star review on Vue Cinema site without even watching the film!Complained that it was just shown in 3D, bang out of order, I've reported it as abuse-you can't give ZERO stars to a film you haven't even seen!Had could you do that as a 2000ad fan?

Goaty

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 12 September, 2012, 01:56:51 PM
A Peter Fish has given Dredd a zero star review on Vue Cinema site without even watching the film!Complained that it was just shown in 3D, bang out of order, I've reported it as abuse-you can't give ZERO stars to a film you haven't even seen!Had could you do that as a 2000ad fan?

what a cunt!

MR. ELIMINATOR

Can't stop listening to this song: http://youtu.be/I2dfGC1oziE

Not sure if I really like the song, or because it reminds of Dredd shooting people in the face in slow motion. Or both.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 12 September, 2012, 01:56:51 PM

Hmm. Haven't we just had a Fishy board member flounce off here over the whole 3D issue? I wonder if they are, perhaps, related...

Cheers

Jim

JOE SOAP

Goaty

Why does he do that, it's not film's fault, it the cinema!

Apestrife

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when I watch a 3D movie I sometimes close one eye at the time to "rest" my eyesight. And when I do that, I see 2D.

Can't he watch it that way? 2D, but with a pare of cool 3D glasses on?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Borntohula on 12 September, 2012, 03:31:16 PM
Can't he watch it that way? 2D, but with a pare of cool 3D glasses on?

Yes. He could do the 'two left lenses' trick, or he could mask off one lens completely, and see straight 2D.

Cheers

Jim