Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cursed Earth Dweller

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 22 November, 2012, 06:35:34 PM
Quote from: Cursed Earth Dweller on 22 November, 2012, 06:20:07 PM
Not counting the Dizney films that's only 7 films in the last 30 years or so, you have to admit that's not too bad. And yes, Ma-Ma's plunge was indeed mesmerizing and creative.

I bet there's loads more!  Those seven were just the ones I could think of off the top of my head!

Well, you also forgot Rico's(or some resemblance of him) plunge in the abominable stallone film.

Frank

Danbo

Not sure if you gents have seen this,a poll for favorite comic book film  2012

Dredd is in it and in 4th place

http://www.superherohype.com/
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

dracula1

Second best film of the year after the Avengers it was!

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: dracula1 on 26 November, 2012, 07:48:54 PM
Second best film of the year after the Avengers it was!

It was the best for me, hands down.  Avengers was good, but didn't really excite me like it did everyone else.

Rusty

It's a fairly silly and lopsided vote too. Of course I'll be biased, but the fact that Spiderman is above it renders the poll somewhat void for me. OK, then there's also the fact that no one actually seen Dredd, so in that regard it can be said it's not doing too bad. For me, Dredd and a cartoon were the two best films I've seen this year.

Goaty

Dumb question, is there anyone here don't like the film?

SmallBlueThing

Yeah, me. And half of the people i went to see it with. Im not sure why it's a 'dumb question' Goaty- liking the movie is not a prerequisite of enjoying 2000AD, and everyone has their own opinion. I didnt hate it, it didnt make me want to walk out, but i thought it a wasted opportunity and as close to the strip as the stallone one, in its own way. There was much that i objected to- notably the language, the meagre story and the graphic content. It's not a movie id want to watch again in a hurry.

SBT

Goaty

radiator

QuoteIt's not a movie id want to watch again in a hurry.

So much so you went to see it three times?

COMMANDO FORCES

Could you go back through all your posts Goaty and put all the pics from the film in order. I think you've shown the whole film in 'Goatyboard' now!

Goaty

Oh well Nah, prefer to watch it in blu-ray!  :lol:

Here something for you, CF

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: radiator on 27 November, 2012, 01:11:00 PM
QuoteIt's not a movie id want to watch again in a hurry.

So much so you went to see it three times?

As you well know, I have a loyalty to the brand and THAT is why I went three times- since it was obvious the movie was going to flop. I went once on my own, once with my wife and once with an old friend. She loved it, he hated it. My loyalty to the brand means I will continue to buy the IDW Dredd series to the bitter end, and eventually track down all the BF Audios too, despite not being in the least interested in listening to any of them. It also meant I continued buying 2000AD throughout the whole of the nineties and am therefore partially responsible for it still being here. None of which has any baring on liking the movie, Radiator. My posts about the movie number a small handful, because I didn't want to piss on anyone's chips when the anxiety over numbers was at its highest. And because I don't feel the need to discuss it, except when specifically asked.

SBT

radiator

If it's just brand loyalty, then why not just buy a few extras tickets and not attend the screening rather than having to endure the film three times?

Stan