Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Hawkmumbler

I just want to clarify that this was reccomended to me on my YT page. I watch alot of low-budget Italian and exploitation films, many of which are only viewable by YT because they will never make it to DVD let alone BD. Dredd is not one of those movies, and i've reported the chap for infringing copyright.

Danbo

Quote from: Michaelvk on 28 December, 2012, 11:27:54 PM
FYI, a King Steer combo meal is a combo meal from a South African fast food chain.

Want one,what do you get?
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

JOE SOAP

If you want to report these things it's Lionsgate you need to contact as they own world-wide rights to the film.

Stan

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 29 December, 2012, 11:09:05 PM
I just want to clarify that this was reccomended to me on my YT page. I watch alot of low-budget Italian and exploitation films, many of which are only viewable by YT because they will never make it to DVD let alone BD. Dredd is not one of those movies, and i've reported the chap for infringing copyright.

I'm not sure anyone was preaching. I think it was more the fact that you posted the link. Though in all honesty, if you were going to post it anywhere then here was probably the best place. We're all paying customers anyway, and also the one group who'd like to see the vid killed.

Rusty

Youtube is a joke these days. It's fine to show a bit of genocide, a bit of ultra violence and whatnot, but show a tit on your channel, and your channel gets canned quickly. Best thing to do is flag the video for graphic sexual content and they won't be too long checking it out. Also leave the twat who owns that channel a threatening message and he might cream himself into removing it. 12,000 views already. At least half a dozen or more potential DVD sales down the tubes.

JOE SOAP

It's a crap quality download in the wrong aspect ratio.

junox

emailed lionsgate also  thanks Joe
i emailed the user on you tube and he doesnt think he's doing anything wrong.. He said he bought the dvd so he can post it on you tube as he ownes it    !!!!!

please more people hassle him     M7HDMovies  ....

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: junox on 30 December, 2012, 01:02:04 AMHe said he bought the dvd so he can post it on you tube as he ownes it

Given that it hasn't been released yet, presumably that's a lie...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

TordelBack

Quote from: junox on 30 December, 2012, 01:02:04 AM
He said he bought the dvd so he can post it on you tube as he ownes it    !!!!!

Jovus wept.  I have all sorts of trouble with the complexities of IP and digital media ownership and fair-use, but this sort of thing just makes me despair...

IAMTHESYSTEM

Don't some people claim it's for Artistic/Educational issues and are therefore entitled to release said Movie forthwith since it is a Educational tool for Film Students to use. They cagely release the flick in just 360 rez so if the Lawyers come calling they can claim it's not the 'full HD Movie' but a reference source as exemption.

Bit's from 'The Thing' [2012] version kept appearing on You tube and the Guy who put it up put this Educational defence forward since he was some sort of Media Student. Can't remember if it got taken down in the end or not.

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

IndigoPrime

There's not really any excuse for this. Uploading the entire film would not be covered by fair use, and if the guy's arguing he owns the DVD (unlikely, as Jim said), he wouldn't have the right to upload it anyway, since unauthorised distribution breaks the terms and conditions on the original media.

TordelBack

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 30 December, 2012, 01:02:31 PM
There's not really any excuse for this. Uploading the entire film would not be covered by fair use, and if the guy's arguing he owns the DVD (unlikely, as Jim said), he wouldn't have the right to upload it anyway, since unauthorised distribution breaks the terms and conditions on the original media.

Also, it's plainly wrong.

IAMTHESYSTEM

:think: Yes I thought it seemed a bit of a dodge to claim your doing it for 'Educational reasons' but apparently that's what some uploaders are/were claiming. Naughty.

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla