Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Good point but don't those only kill cits :lol:

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Stan on 10 April, 2013, 08:57:47 PM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 10 April, 2013, 08:21:02 PM
If one Citi-Def unit attacked another block then they could deploy the guns on the skateboard parks and blast away as they approached. Just like when those CF Block heroes attacked that PETE WELLS Block in the prog ;)

Assuming they're not using 20mm caseless fletcher rounds. That's a long way up.

Ooh, you're going to burn in hell for reminding me if THAT film!!!   ;)

I, Cosh

Just watched Dredd on DVD (it was 3 for 2 at the video shop so I thought I'd give it another go) and enjoyed it quite a bit more than the first time. Think I picked up on a bit more humour this time around and I much preferred seeing it in 2D.

I might be a snob about all sorts of things but video quality certainly isn't one of them. However, even I was struck by the switches between grainy and clear scenes.
We never really die.

Stan

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 10 April, 2013, 10:35:45 PM
Quote from: Stan on 10 April, 2013, 08:57:47 PM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 10 April, 2013, 08:21:02 PM
If one Citi-Def unit attacked another block then they could deploy the guns on the skateboard parks and blast away as they approached. Just like when those CF Block heroes attacked that PETE WELLS Block in the prog ;)

Assuming they're not using 20mm caseless fletcher rounds. That's a long way up.

Ooh, you're going to burn in hell for reminding me if THAT film!!!   ;)

Someone had to say it.  :)

Goaty

Total Film got new Special out, anyone got it as it featured Dredd (sad it said Judge Dredd on the cover which hope it don't featured that 1995's!

Total Film's Ultimate Superhero Movie Special is out today and stuffed full of tons of exclusive superhero/comic book features, interviews and over 170 reviews.

COMMANDO FORCES

Might have to buy that, did I say might, I meant will!

Tiplodocus

Quote from: The Cosh on 11 April, 2013, 12:09:58 AM
Just watched Dredd on DVD (it was 3 for 2 at the video shop so I thought I'd give it another go) and enjoyed it quite a bit more than the first time. Think I picked up on a bit more humour this time around and I much preferred seeing it in 2D.

I might be a snob about all sorts of things but video quality certainly isn't one of them. However, even I was struck by the switches between grainy and clear scenes.

Video  shop? What is this? 1988?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Stan

Stan

I notice Anthrax post a lot of Dredd stuff on their Facebook. More than me anyway.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 11 April, 2013, 07:48:50 PM
Quote from: The Cosh on 11 April, 2013, 12:09:58 AM
Just watched Dredd on DVD (it was 3 for 2 at the video shop so I thought I'd give it another go) and enjoyed it quite a bit more than the first time.
Video  shop? What is this? 1988?
Ha. Hard to believe, but the local Global video is still my first port of call when I know I want to watch a specific new film this evening. The serendipity of browsing is also hard to beat, as with many real shops.
We never really die.

Tiplodocus

I shouldn't laugh. I miss proprietor browsing. Made a rare trip to the big HMV on Monday and thoroughly enjoyed the experience despite buying nothing.

We have Lovefilm instant and the selection  is rather like getting to the video shop late on a Friday night.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 12 April, 2013, 08:33:01 AM
We have Lovefilm instant and the selection  is rather like getting to the video shop late on a Friday night.
I'm sure I dribbled on about this on the Lovefilm thread a while ago but it bears repeating. Lovefilm's postal service is great for the sheer diversity of stuff you can get on it but, even with their priority rankings, you never know when you'll get it or if you'll fancy watching it at that point. The streaming element is alright if you're the sort of person who doesn't mind looking around for something daft of an evening but lacks big new releases. Which leaves the humble video shop as the best option if I definitely want to watch, say, Silver Linings Playbook again tonight and I'm lucky enough to have one just along the road which has always had a good selection of foreign and kung fu films.
We never really die.

COMMANDO FORCES

I gave that mag a miss Goaty, £9.99 for that! I picked it up, saw nothing new inside and thought, I'll have that for a fiver, looked for the price and then replaced it on the shelving 

Goaty

Bloody hell! Was to get that for long train to Carlisle tonight, I better stick to 2000AD progs! Cheers John!

Goaty

Interesting. As got quick look at that mag at train station before catch the train.

Old photos of Dredd, but it got "four stars" review? Different reviewer? As it was 3 stars in total film mag on cinema and DVD releases, four stars were at the Comic Con screening.