Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: dweezil2 on 30 September, 2013, 01:32:10 PM
SFX Magazine have just issued a Super-hero special, which prints the results of their readers top 50 super-hero movies of all time poll, and who's that sitting pretty at the top spot?
Yep, Dredd!   :)

I went into Smiths to grab this, but no sign of it anywhere!

Goaty

SFX Magazine have just issued a Super-hero special, which prints the results of their readers top 50 super-hero movies of all time poll, and who's that sitting pretty at the top spot?

Read that today on train, agree with it! Good on you, SFX! Make many readers get more Blu-Ray of it?

dweezil2

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 30 September, 2013, 04:42:18 PM

I went into Smiths to grab this, but no sign of it anywhere!

I saw it in Sainsbury's.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

dracula1

No Sequel News yet? All this fab backing for a sequel on FB and by Rebellion and magazines like SFX surely has had major effect.

Steve Green

I wouldn't expect an immediate effect - or a statement of intent one way or the other. It's still a huge ask to get a sequel under way after the theatrical take, and DNA have the rights for another four years.

Things move slowly (if they move at all)

dracula1

Thanks for the update Steve. Let's setup camp and wait with baited breath.

Beadle68

Not been on for a while, busy with work ( setting up my own company, BLOODY NIGHTMARE !! ) just looked in hoping for a ray of sunshine in the form of some possible sequel news but alas no  :( . At least its still selling well and getting the recognition it jolly well deserves  :thumbsup:

Goaty

DREDD has passed 1 million ratings on Netflix (United States)!

Beadle68

Great news, does anyone know realistically what it would take to get a sequel green lit. It seems that it would be a dead cert at the box office with all the love and support this film has now gained yet no official word from those concerned, also any news on the proposed short ?

Tiplodocus

I don't think the bean counters look at "love and support".
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Steve Green

I'm sure only those involved know what it would take, and they haven't said one way or the other.

The proposed short is due 2014, I don't think there's any other information apart from that.

Beadle68

Cheers Steve at least there is that to look forward too.  :)

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 07 October, 2013, 09:45:15 PM
I don't think the bean counters look at "love and support".
No but they do take it into account when it comes to weather a film will be profitable or not. If theres lots of demand for one, people willing rlto pay to see a sequel, then its less of a gamble and more of a "how much" will this benoffit them?

Steve Green

Yes, but...

The whole sequel stuff, as much as it has helped raise profile and shifted copies, seems to be in a similar vein to the buzz that it got at SDCC before failing to do the business at the box office.

If you've got people saying "I bought multiple copies", it's not really breaking through into the mainstream, just fans who are going above and beyond in the hope it will make a sequel more likely.

So, sure there's likely more demand - certainly from a vocal and passionate group, but I can't say that it's enough to convince anyone to stump up the money for a sequel of equal budget, let alone a more expensive one.

IndigoPrime

It's Firefly/Serenity all over again.