Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dweezil2

Sorry, I should of made it clear I was referring to a special edition DVD/Blu-ray release!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: JOSÉ JABÓN on 20 September, 2016, 06:09:39 PM

The passers by are trying to help the victim? If this was MC 1 they'd have made off with her handbag,coat and skin though perhaps with a Judge present the usual dog eat dog wouldn't apply. Excellent photos and I always enjoy a 'behind the scenes' look at movies anyway. It would have shown Dredd as the fascist he is him shooting through the victim to cap the perp and you can see how that might have been a problem for the films promoters.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

James Stacey

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 21 September, 2016, 09:18:41 AM
It would have shown Dredd as the fascist he is him shooting through the victim to cap the perp and you can see how that might have been a problem for the films promoters.
It would have also been very similar to a scene in Robocop

Dreddzilla

Quote from: James Stacey on 21 September, 2016, 09:35:29 AM
Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 21 September, 2016, 09:18:41 AM
It would have shown Dredd as the fascist he is him shooting through the victim to cap the perp and you can see how that might have been a problem for the films promoters.
It would have also been very similar to a scene in Robocop
I don't remember who said it, but it was either the writer or director who said thet the scene was changed exactly because it was so close to that famous scene.

PlanetReplicas

When Zavvi were working on their Steelbook I hooked them up with DNA films to see if they could obtain any extra footage directly (- ie the original execution scene).

I guess it exists somewhere, but DNA have supplied all there is available by the sounds of it.
www.planetreplicas.com

info@planetreplicas.com
www.facebook.com/PlanetReplicas

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Dreddzilla on 21 September, 2016, 09:43:45 AMI don't remember who said it, but it was either the writer or director who said thet the scene was changed exactly because it was so close to that famous scene.

I think it was based more on a change suggested by John Wagner that they needed a set-up scene where Dredd was portrayed as a hero and not just an executioner - hence the scene being changed to Dredd saving a hostage.

Leigh S

wish they ahd used a ricochet though - the hot shot thing doesnt really make a lick of sense . If he can safely hit his head with a projectile, why not just a standard execution shot?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Leigh S on 21 September, 2016, 11:37:51 AM
wish they ahd used a ricochet though

That's in Robocop 2, isn't it?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Steve Green

Yeah, definitely in one of them at least.

Would have liked to have seen the ricochet used, maybe the stairwell scene, would have broken up the standard executions a bit.

James Stacey

wish they ahd used a ricochet though - the hot shot thing doesnt really make a lick of sense . If he can safely hit his head with a projectile, why not just a standard execution shot?
Hot shot gives a more impressive gruesome death and it would have been odd if Dredd had called the guy 'Ricochet'

JOE SOAP

Quote from: James Stacey on 21 September, 2016, 12:01:33 PM
Hot shot gives a more impressive gruesome death and it would have been odd if Dredd had called the guy 'Ricochet'

Imagine if he'd not said anything and just shot him.

Steve Green

If only the perp had been called Rick O'Shea.

shaolin_monkey

This may have been mentioned already, but these photos of the 'shoot through the Citizen' scene and even more behind-the-scenes loveliness can be seen on Lee Fields' 'BAWZPROPS' page on Facebook.

Incidentally, us regular Daily Star Dredd readers will already have seen that scene years ago, drawn by the Ron Smith.  Dredd chases a perp, on a Zoom I think (maybe), shooting through a cit to nail the perp.

It ends with the citizen exclaiming 'you shot me!' and Dredd replying 'I shot THROUGH you' before noting the citizen will be suitably compensated by Justice Department. 

shaolin_monkey

PS I'd love to see a version of the film with the original 'shoot through the citizen' scene.

Spaceghost

Quote from: James Stacey on 21 September, 2016, 12:01:33 PM

It annoyed me that in the comic, a hotshot is actually the nickname of the heatseeker bullet, not the incendiary.

I soon got over it though.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...