Main Menu

Low budget sequel concepts:

Started by jamesedwards, 17 September, 2012, 01:33:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesedwards

- Make Chopper a skater. I feel like this is a new Dredd universe with different rules. He's obviously a Peach Trees resident or has passed by to add his tag - make him a victim of the violence of the first film and an entirely sympathetic foil. Maybe he could be one of those kids from the half-pipe.

- Corruption! Reflecting on the first film, Dredd vs corrupt Judges should not just be something that he shrugs off. After Peach Trees I could see Dredd's faith in the system becoming shaken, and the ensuing denial sending him on a monofocused crusade against cruddy Judges. Dredd gets shot in the face, loses an eye and has to be hastily removed from the med centre hours after receiving a bionic while hunted by a cabal of Judges. At this point I'd foresee a story with shades of Rico, Cal and Devil You Know developing quickly and excitingly. Pair Dredd with Cadet Giant, have Anderson hunted for her inherent corruption busting abilities. You could isolate Dredd from Anderson - keeping the universe from feeling small or a super team aesthetic forming - while keeping her an active, evolving character.

O Lucky Stevie!

Stretch out Wagner & Baikie's utterly wonderful In The Bath for 180 minutes.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Pete Wells

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 17 September, 2012, 04:14:23 AM
Stretch out Wagner & Baikie's utterly wonderful In The Bath for 180 minutes.

Pervert!

Dan Kelly

A "Cursed Earth" is the one I think is best suited to the sequel.

Opportunity to set up the wider world (MC2 / Texas), the history (Atomic War), plus add in some crazyness, most likely the Angel family, all without stretching the premise that we have from the first movie.

Dan

junox

would be good with a touch more "WESTERN" feel 

DANG CurseD earth   hic

mygrimmbrother

Quote from: jamesedwards on 17 September, 2012, 01:33:48 AM
- Make Chopper a skater. I feel like this is a new Dredd universe with different rules. He's obviously a Peach Trees resident or has passed by to add his tag - make him a victim of the violence of the first film and an entirely sympathetic foil. Maybe he could be one of those kids from the half-pipe.

- Corruption! Reflecting on the first film, Dredd vs corrupt Judges should not just be something that he shrugs off. After Peach Trees I could see Dredd's faith in the system becoming shaken, and the ensuing denial sending him on a monofocused crusade against cruddy Judges. Dredd gets shot in the face, loses an eye and has to be hastily removed from the med centre hours after receiving a bionic while hunted by a cabal of Judges. At this point I'd foresee a story with shades of Rico, Cal and Devil You Know developing quickly and excitingly. Pair Dredd with Cadet Giant, have Anderson hunted for her inherent corruption busting abilities. You could isolate Dredd from Anderson - keeping the universe from feeling small or a super team aesthetic forming - while keeping her an active, evolving character.

Love this!

junox

inst  CHOPPER , the tech guy, with THE EYES ?? 

klute

If there was to be a sequel IF when do you think we would get to hear about a green light???
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

JayzusB.Christ

Dredd does all the paperwork for the Peach Trees drug bust, in real time, while Anderson runs round in the background off her mash on whizz.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

PsychoGoatee

Quote from: klute on 17 September, 2012, 02:35:48 PM
If there was to be a sequel IF when do you think we would get to hear about a green light???

That varies, sometimes a movie can get a new sequel announced right after a successful week or two at the box office. Sometimes it's a year later.

painbros22

Call it "Judge Minty", bingo spiritual sequel, everyone wins !

Professor Bear

Undercity: everything shot on soundstages or existing run-down locations, CGI relatively easy to produce.  Plus, it's basically the same plot as the first: enclosed area, Dredd with limited resources and set goals.  If you squint, it's also a spiritual sequel/homage to Escape From New York.  They could probably shoot the entire thing in various existing buildings by throwing some paper about and only filming at night, maybe slip in some mutants to expand on what was hinted in the first without going too far into sci-fi territory.

Steve Green

That's a very good idea - although EFNY had the benefit of a fire in St Louis to use for the city. It was naturally buggered.