Main Menu

Space Spinner 2000AD

Started by Steve Green, 19 April, 2017, 09:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skurvy

I've pretty much just die-harded myself through the whole 50 episodes in a matter of weeks. Conrad and Fox, you ever thought about just going daily on this thing? I think we'd all be a lot happier.

SpaceSpinner2000

Ha ha! Definitely appreciate the kind words, though I think if we did that many shows you'd start getting diminishing returns three or four days in! Plus other folks are overwhelmed by our current output :D There's lots of fun stuff to come!
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

Vanilllahubby

Three times a week maybe? Listening to the podcast has opened my eyes to thrills I
would normally skip or skim read e.g. mach zero and disaster 1990.
As for that easter egg that's got me into a JAM. Keep up the awesome work and the dodgy English accents!

Colin YNWA

Well damn your eyes, damn them.

There I was about to start listening to the first part of the Robin Smith interview from the Thrillcast as I'm falling behind (as ever, on my listening). Ironing Board out I pause and decide. Oh hold on no I'll just give that Space Spinner 2000 a try I've been meaning too for ages...

... do I start at the latest...

Or even the Prog 85 'jump on' podcast...

... No Mr Late to the Party here decided I should check out what they thought of the first Progs... and having bloody loved this finds himself with like a 90 podcast back log...

Bugger and a two part Robin Smith interview ... what is a boy to do.

Listened to the first two and loving the work fella. But unlike the others could you slow up for like a year so I can catch up?

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 15 July, 2017, 09:50:02 PM
Well damn your eyes, damn them.

There I was about to start listening to the first part of the Robin Smith interview from the Thrillcast as I'm falling behind (as ever, on my listening). Ironing Board out I pause and decide. Oh hold on no I'll just give that Space Spinner 2000 a try I've been meaning too for ages...

... do I start at the latest...

Or even the Prog 85 'jump on' podcast...

... No Mr Late to the Party here decided I should check out what they thought of the first Progs... and having bloody loved this finds himself with like a 90 podcast back log...

Bugger and a two part Robin Smith interview ... what is a boy to do.

Listened to the first two and loving the work fella. But unlike the others could you slow up for like a year so I can catch up?

I can definitely empathize, my own podcast queue is pretty extensive! Don't worry, the show isn't going anywhere! Speaking of which...
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling forty-ninth episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 163-167 of 2000 AD, covering May, June and July of 1980. Join us as Dredd travels the spaceways, we get 6 times the Sam Slade, MACH Zero reunites with his son, and the Stainless Steel Rat begins his next quest, to save the world! Also we have a revelation about the nature of time travel, and how it relates to beating up bikers.

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Or on your favorite podcast app!

Please let me know what you think of the episode!

Fungus

As Colin says, please slow down. I think I'm on podcast 4.

The temptation to jump to the giddy heights of 1980 is tempting, though  :o

The Legendary Shark

I've just listened to episodes one and two. It takes me ages to download them, what with living in a field and everything, but it's been worth it so far and I'm looking forward to catching up over the next few years. Great stuff!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Lobo Baggins

Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 17 July, 2017, 02:00:22 PM
In our thrilling forty-ninth episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 163-167 of 2000 AD, covering May, June and July of 1980. Join us as Dredd travels the spaceways, we get 6 times the Sam Slade, MACH Zero reunites with his son, and the Stainless Steel Rat begins his next quest, to save the world! Also we have a revelation about the nature of time travel, and how it relates to beating up bikers.

Please let me know what you think of the episode!

Waitaminute - you don't know who The Jam OR the Jams are?

I'd say that was madness, but I've previously discovered that Americans don't know who Madness are either...
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

SpaceSpinner2000

QuoteWaitaminute - you don't know who The Jam OR the Jams are?

I'd say that was madness, but I've previously discovered that Americans don't know who Madness are either...

I can't speak for Fox, but my music knowledge in general in general is pretty poor, especially for pop music eras from before I was born/just a baby :D I'd hate for all Americans to be judged by my poor example!

Madness did that "Our House" song, right? ;)

Colin YNWA

Well just finished 7 so I'm making ground and have to say its just great hearing folks new to the Prog (in one case - you don't expect me to remember which one of you do you!) having such fun with it.

I'm interested has this move you onto the current stuff or are you (see note above) sticking to the old stuff?

Steve Green

Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 19 July, 2017, 06:41:33 PM
QuoteWaitaminute - you don't know who The Jam OR the Jams are?

I can't speak for Fox, but my music knowledge in general in general is pretty poor, especially for pop music eras from before I was born/just a baby :D I'd hate for all Americans to be judged by my poor example!

Madness did that "Our House" song, right? ;)

Not as good as Mutants in Mega-City One... ;)

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 19 July, 2017, 10:21:51 PM
Well just finished 7 so I'm making ground and have to say its just great hearing folks new to the Prog (in one case - you don't expect me to remember which one of you do you!) having such fun with it.

I'm interested has this move you onto the current stuff or are you (see note above) sticking to the old stuff?

Fox is the one who's new :D Though my (Conrad's) first hand experience with the product ends at around Prog 1000.

At the moment I don't think we'll jump around, we're having a ton of fun just going month to month, seeing things grow and expand organically. I would say that you should feel free to jump around if you have favorite stories that came out in this period, we've covered a couple of classics already, and there's no reason to feel bound to our format!

QuoteNot as good as Mutants in Mega-City One... ;)

WHOA! And here I thought Anthrax had the only Judge Dredd song!

Pyroxian

Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 20 July, 2017, 12:08:46 AM
WHOA! And here I thought Anthrax had the only Judge Dredd song!

Human League's 'I Am the Law' is one too.

I, Cosh

I deeply regret not picking up a copy of this when I saw it in a Geneva record shop bargain bin.

We never really die.