Main Menu

Wonder Woman 1984

Started by Apestrife, 09 December, 2019, 05:57:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Mardroid on 14 March, 2021, 01:01:54 PM
I didn't mind Aquaman. I.e. I enjoyed it well enough but there's lots better and I'm not in a rush to watch it again.

So, since I seem to have a lower enjoyment threshold than a lot of other people, I'd imagine I'll like Wonderwoman 1984 ( or whatever it's called).

I like Aquaman really quite a lot, and I didn't enjoy WW84 at all. It's too long (after forty minutes, you're still waiting for the plot to kick in), the plot is perfunctory and doesn't make much sense, tonally it's all over the place, and the subtexts are largely terrible.

All of which is a shame, because I thought the first one was great and I very much wanted to like this one.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Hawkmumbler

Aquaman is the best Saint Seiya movie. It's an absolute clusterfuck of nonsense, a larping project given a hollywood budget. The kind of action pomp I can really get behind.
Shazam! was pretty wonderful too.

WW84 just made me annoyed.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 14 March, 2021, 01:38:23 PM
Shazam! was pretty wonderful too.

I've said often, and most likely at tedious length, that if DC's first three movies out of the gate for their DCEU project had been Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Shazam then they wouldn't have found themselves in the mess they ended up with.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Like all the DCU movies I will wait until it's around a fiver in Morrisons before watching WW84. I liked the first one well enough, but do have a sense of "seen that now, don't need to see any more".

Aquaman is a character I am more invested in- but thought the movie version diabolical. Or rather, it was a fun enough movie, but to enjoy it i had to take my Aquafan hat off, which I really didn't want to do. That said, I am looking forward to The Trench, if it ever gets made. If it doesn't, well, I'm not going to cry.

SBT