Main Menu

2000AD Lego builds

Started by ming, 10 February, 2014, 02:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Big Barry Penge! Like Mike Carroll's pictures of Christmas trees surrounded by 2000ad merchandise, these builds offer a glimpse of a better alternative reality, where Keith Richardson managed to strike that deal with Lego after all.

ZenArcade

The basic concept of this is so simple, the ideas  and actualization are complex and wonderful. This has quickly pushed to the top of my must see threads. Z :D
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Andrew_J

Quote from: ming on 13 June, 2014, 09:59:16 PM

That, Sir, is the best bloody thing I've seen on the world wide web this month. You are a certified genius.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

a chosen rider

How did I miss this thread for so long?  These are fantastic.
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

ming

You're all too, too kind... :-[

Still, I'm glad my efforts are entertaining!  As the boys are having fun with these while learning a little about Tharg's various character and stories (as was the initial intention, after all) I certainly plan to be in this for the long haul.  Getting a few new pieces and hearing Feliks (five) say "that would be perfect for Mongrol" or just seeing him and his brother running around pretending to be Shakara makes this all worth while and then some.

:)

ming

"Born out of pain on the Lego table..."

As I mentioned previously, Feliks suggested one of the new bits he and Oskar got (the hose / power cable) would be perfect for Mongrol so I decided that it was time for another go.  This one's smaller than the one I attempted previously and, with some new joints, works a lot better.  Add in a few details like the mouth cannon, The Mess and the ability to rip apart a Bogey Buggy, and we're all set.  Fairly happy with how he turned out although another time I'd like to bulk up the arms a bit and add some articulation to those Power Paws of his.

Mardroid

Excellent! One of the things I was disppointed about concerning my (otherwise excellent) 3A Mongrol was his lack of mouth cannon. Although I can imagine it would have been awkward to put in practice, but with your lego build you managed it!

mimikeke

fuuuuuu these are too cool.  Mind if I share a few on tumblr (with credit of course)?  :lol:

ming

Quote from: mimikeke on 21 June, 2014, 08:36:01 PM
fuuuuuu these are too cool.  Mind if I share a few on tumblr (with credit of course)?  :lol:

Go for it!  :D

Bat King

Love it...

Come on Rebellion, make these real!!!
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

ZenArcade

There has to be profit for Rebellion; entertainment for children (young and not so young) and dissemination of the world of 2000AD to a wider audience. What's to lose. Z :D

ZenArcade

Oh and ps ming, any chance of doing the classic MekQuake ecofriendly recycling operation?? Z

ming

Quote from: ZenArcade on 22 June, 2014, 10:21:53 PM
Oh and ps ming, any chance of doing the classic MekQuake ecofriendly recycling operation?? Z

Like the one below?  An earlier version of Mek-Quake was the thing that got all this started (on Page One - very ropey but nice to see how things have evolved since then).  Now we have a few more bricks and articulated pieces in the house (especially the ball joints used on the latest Mongrol) I should probably give the 'two dockers welded together' version of Mek-Quake a go at some point.

Quote from: ming on 10 March, 2014, 08:51:52 AM
The boys were playing as Mek-Quake and Ro-Jaws on their way up to bed last night so I made a Mek-Quake v2.0 for them while they were asleep...

Mek-Quake vs. BIG JOBS!

I'm pretty happy with this one; much closer to the original O'Neill Bulldozer version that I love, although it lacks the fins, unfortunately.  The claws are also a bit iffy but there'll probably another version at some point when we have more bits and pieces to work with.

The 2000AD Thrill-Power continues to work it's magic in our house... Feliks had trouble going to sleep last night and only settled after I agreed to draw him a picture showing the relative sizes of a human, Steelhorn, Mongrol, a house and Charlie.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: ming on 23 June, 2014, 08:54:59 AM
Quote from: ZenArcade on 22 June, 2014, 10:21:53 PM

Like the one below?

I think he means the searing green Hellbringer version.

Quote from: ming on 10 March, 2014, 08:51:52 AM
The 2000AD Thrill-Power continues to work it's magic in our house... Feliks had trouble going to sleep last night and only settled after I agreed to draw him a picture showing the relative sizes of a human, Steelhorn, Mongrol, a house and Charlie.

:lol: Amazing.
@jamesfeistdraws