Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General / Re: Space Spinner 2000AD
« Last post by SpaceSpinner2000 on Today at 05:35:22 PM »
Terror Tales definitely have a skeleton Tharg head, but the one in this annual looks a LOT like Ghastly McNasty here!
Off Topic / Re: RIPs
« Last post by Link Prime on Today at 04:37:45 PM »
A belated RIP for both Neal Adams and George Perez.
Two masters of this thing we love.
Games / Re: Evercade Console
« Last post by Link Prime on Today at 04:35:41 PM »
Depressing cart from my standpoint, mind. For me, Gremlin was all about the 8-bits: Monty Mole; Jack the Nipper; Trailblazer. And on Amiga, Lotus, Super Cars and Switchblade were tops.

They will surely release another volume - hopefully it ticks a few off your Gremlin wish-list.

As a complete aside - would you have any background knowledge on the commercial success or otherwise of the Evercade, IP?
I really dig what they are doing, and have even bought some cartridges I have little interest in just to support the endeavour.

The Dead.
Bogie Man for me - with an Old Fashioned on the rocks.
« Last post by Link Prime on Today at 04:28:48 PM »
i am second guessing myself....is that terror tale that was mentioned an old scream castoff? or is it just a homage to scream?

I'd have to see the pic of Tharg which Conrad mentions before weighing in with my opinion.  Seems quite a way after Scream! folded to dig the story out of the slush pile though.

Typing blind here, as I don't listen to the podcast (sorry), but if I recall correctly, the initial run of (four) Terror Tales all had a sign-off image of a skeletonized Tharg's head - could have been a Scream homage, or just a quirky way to differentiate the series from yer standard Future Shocks.

The image in question was drawn by Paul Marshall* (as was the series banner), in "Vintage Marshall" style.
I actually attempted to buy the original art for it from Paul several years ago, but he no longer had it.

*With the exception of the one drawn by Mick Austin himself at the end of his Terror Tale in Prog 840.

« Last post by sheridan on Today at 04:02:53 PM »
Seems quite a way after Scream! folded to dig the story out of the slush pile though.
Scream folded into Eagle which went on until 1994, so it may have been done for Eagle.

(Plus there were Scream! specials for a while, but I think they were like early 2000AD specials - not the usual creators).
Prog / Re: Prog 2282 - Out for Blood
« Last post by Barrington Boots on Today at 04:00:56 PM »
Cain from Genesis?

Getting a bit Vampire: The Masquerade if so...
« Last post by WhizzBang on Today at 03:46:44 PM »
Seems quite a way after Scream! folded to dig the story out of the slush pile though.
Scream folded into Eagle which went on until 1994, so it may have been done for Eagle.
Prog / Re: Prog 2282 - Out for Blood
« Last post by Richard on Today at 03:42:15 PM »
Cain from Genesis?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10