Main Menu

Saying hi 🙋‍♂️

Started by roDREeDD, 06 August, 2021, 12:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roDREeDD

Hi all, returning for the thrills after several decades in the wastelands. Recently retired and dug out my old comic collection and rereading them. Seems 2000AD has moved along since I stopped collecting around program 900, got a bit of catching up to do. I have a few holes in my current collection so will be keeping an eye out for back issues.
Cheers 🍻

Barrington Boots

Welcome to the forum! It has changed a bit since 900 and I'd say for the better. Please join in and let us know your thoughts on stuff!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

broodblik

Welcome aboard. A great and easy way to do a catchup is getting the digitals version of the prog and meg. Digitally both are available from the year 2003.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

wedgeski

Hallo! Welcome to our little broom closet.

Tjm86

Aye, 'tis an interesting place for sure.  So long as you bear in mind that sarcasm is the default humour in these parts, very little is taken seriously and any pictures of collections need to take into account the fact that images of poor spinage can be triggering for some boarders ...

Oh, and as for gaps, pretty sure there are plenty of folks in these parts that can help you out there.  Shove a list up in classifieds and no doubt you'll be inundated.  You might also want to keep an eye out for the offers on digital year packs if you are that way inclined.

Welcome though.

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Colin YNWA

Welcome aboard. Its an almost entirely different comic, in terms of quality from the 900s which many of use consider a bit of a low. Well the prog now is on a rich vein of form and to be fair has been for quite some time. You'll have a blast when you track down those back issues and while you do there is a host of collections to keep you happy.

Have fun.

DrJomster

Welcome back to the prog! There's a lot of great stuff for you to wade through!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

roDREeDD

Thanks guys for the welcome, not my first forum so my skin has thickened already, let loose with your humour. Just finished the 100s, starting on the 200s so not desperate for new issues just yet, looking forward to getting to Slaine and Rogue Trooper, personal faves, Dredd is keeping me entertained till then. From memory, which is only partially reliable, I was buying weekly from about 600 to 900 so not missing many there. The earlier issues I hunted down in comic stores so that's where the gaps are, once I get an accurate list of gaps I will be posting here, they were hard to find in Australia back in the 90s so I imagine it isn't any easier 30 years later. But they've got this thing called the internet since then so fingers crossed 🤞🏻.