Main Menu

Enniskillen Comic Con 2019

Started by BPP, 24 February, 2019, 03:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryanddavid

Yeah, great day, hard to fit in talking to everyone.
Glad you liked the interview Mikey, delight to be asked to talk to these two legends, TBH they made it easy, two gents.
Had a great chat with Simon Furman, John Wagner, Ian Kennedy, Patrick Gaddard, Alan Hebden and a quick work with the Biz. Great sales, too which is a bonus, all in a great day out.

BPP

Cosmic Comics was definitely the haul of the show - what a great product Hibernia has there. The hook-up with the Treasury of British Comics is going to produce some gems for sure. If you haven't bought it yet you're missing out on two unique 2000ad greats.

Goddard selling Savage pages for 30 quid seemed criminal. Picked up several. McMahon sketching for free even more insane. The Carlos stuff was very moving and his art great to see close up. Sad to hear he had agreed to come but...

Everyone there is just so genial and relaxed, it's a lovely way to spend a day. Looking forward to next years.

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

ZenArcade

Was a super day. We had our Sector 13 table and met so, so many friends both old and new. A super convention. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

maryanddavid

Didn't realise I had spoken to you BPP, delight you like it!
Patrick Goddard, what a gent, and 30 quid a page! I have one already so I didnt splurge, but they are prices from years ago.

Mikey

Yeah, Paddy had some really fantastic pages on offer. He really is a total gent - he didn't charge me for my sketch! I was first at his table as I snuck in a bit early so maybe first is always gratis, but I was going to buy a page at the end of the day and he was pretty busy, so I stopped with Ian Kennedy. Unfortunately for Paddy, I flicked through what I thought were prints by Kennedy and picked out a fantastic Rogue Trooper - turned out to be an original bit of art, but I was committed by then and couldn't resist buying it, so that was the end of my funds. I owe Goddard at least a pint I think!
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.