Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Doctor Alt 8

Quote from: House of Usher on 21 March, 2010, 10:40:13 PM
Gerbils have been fighting. One has had to be permanently rehoused in a cage of her own, and it's by no means certain the other two will be able to be reunited after being given recuperation time apart. Reuniting gerbils is complicated and fraught with danger.

:(

But I always thought they were sociable animals...!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Dandontdare on 22 March, 2010, 04:59:07 PM
Quote from: Mike Gloady on 22 March, 2010, 04:50:07 PM
But if the moon's a construct then why bother faking the landings?  SO confused.....

The landings were real, but it was all a cover for routine maintenece work obviously!

I think this may be the nutjob in question: http://www.newdawnmagazine.com/Article/Who_Built_the_Moon.html

I think thats it but i cant recall exactly what i read but quite honestly it doesnt interest me very much and i couldnt care less if its real or not or if its made of cheese as there are more important things to think about.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

TordelBack

I think this may be the nutjob in question: http://www.newdawnmagazine.com/Article/Who_Built_the_Moon.html

That's an amazing piece of writing right there - it lures you in with the largely correct assertion that our Moon is one of the strangest bodies we know of (it is) and then produces a completely wrong list of what makes it so strange.  Grrrrrr. Mind you, they give the author 'credit' for influencing a generation of 'researchers', including Dan Brown....  Does even Dan Brown think Dan Brown is a 'researcher'?

Mike Gloady

DAN BROWN AS A CREDIBLE ACADEMIC SOURCE?

[laughs hysterically for an hour, passes out]
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

I, Cosh

Quote from: TordelBack on 22 March, 2010, 07:10:47 PM
Does even Dan Brown think Dan Brown is a 'researcher'?
I read an interview with him when his last book came out and he seems to genuinely believe his books are in some way educating people. He made a bizarre statement about not thinking a book was worthwhile if he hadn't learnt something from it. I'm fairly certain he meant it in the sense of knowing what the capital of New South Wales is or what mulching is rather than an insight into the human condition.
We never really die.

House of Usher

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 22 March, 2010, 06:41:16 PM
But I always thought they were sociable animals...!

Oh, but they are. I made a mistake getting three; they're generally happier in pairs. In a pair only one can be dominant. With three there's room for doubt, and if one won't play ball they fight. It was simple to remove the unsuccessful challenger, but the strongest one got injured too. The third one kept grooming her and pissing her off, so we thought it best to isolate all three. They've all recovered now, but reuniting them means a lot of fussing about with split cages - you can't just chuck them back in together when the 'leader' has healed up. We're in the process of constructing a split tank.

And I've been persuaded to get a fourth now as company for the exile - so it'll be two split cages to construct!
STRIKE !!!

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 22 March, 2010, 04:50:07 PM
But if the moon's a construct then why bother faking the landings?  SO confused.....

The landings were real, but it was all a cover for routine maintenece work obviously!

But there nothing compared to the the Flat Earth Society
http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djublonskopf/Flatearthsociety.htm

Dandontdare

Once he's demonstrated that the moon must be artificial, I love the way he dismisses God and aliens as too far fetched to be responsible, so by process of elimination "proving" that it must be human time travelers.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Dandontdare on 23 March, 2010, 12:14:29 AM
Once he's demonstrated that the moon must be artificial, I love the way he dismisses God and aliens as too far fetched to be responsible, so by process of elimination "proving" that it must be human time travelers.

They knew how to build things properly in them days.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

House of Usher

There's something almost medieval about this so-called 'research.'
STRIKE !!!

The Doctor Alt 8

The brother of the father of my best friend lost his battle with asbestosis caused lung cancer 12 pm sunday.
Then, twelve hours later the father of my best friend lost his battle with postate cancer.

MEN, GET YOUR PROSTATE REMOVED.
it's just a time bomb lurking in your neither regions....

TordelBack

Quote from: House of Usher on 22 March, 2010, 11:06:34 PM
And I've been persuaded to get a fourth now as company for the exile - so it'll be two split cages to construct!

I see robots.  I see big robots!

TordelBack

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 23 March, 2010, 02:27:32 AM
The brother of the father of my best friend lost his battle with asbestosis caused lung cancer 12 pm sunday.
Then, twelve hours later the father of my best friend lost his battle with postate cancer.

Sorry Doctor, didn't mean to follow your serious post with silliness.  That was a pretty grim day.

Cyberleader2000

I can't build any more kits I have been waiting 3 droking weeks for my Gundam markers and hlj refuses to ship any of my order including the Gundam markers till the kit I preordered arrives in stock that's not till late next month and I need the Gundam markers to finish the kits I'm working on at the moment.  >:(
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

Mike Gloady

That's orrible news Doc.

I almost asked the doctors to cut out my man parts due to the pain last time I was in hospital. 
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever