Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

von Boom

Awww, that's a shame about Eli. He seemed a classy gent. RIP.

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: radiator on 24 June, 2014, 11:09:06 PM
Gary Oldman's career.

Nah. If giyur isn't an option I'm sure Mel could find him summink.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Frank

Quote from: Eric Plumrose on 25 June, 2014, 06:52:56 PM
Quote from: radiator on 24 June, 2014, 11:09:06 PM
Gary Oldman's career.

Nah. If giyur isn't an option I'm sure Mel could find him summink.

Oldman, Gibson, Pee-Wee Herman, and Shia LeBeouf should make an Expendables type film together. Roman Polanski could direct it.

Heath C Ackley

Eli Wallach - a great character actor who was one of Hollywood's survivors.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Ghost MacRoth

A proper jobbing actor that never got caught up in his own ego.  A very sad loss, sadder still knowing there are so few of is contemporaries left, and they are bound to soon follow. :(
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Frank

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 25 June, 2014, 09:10:58 PM
A very sad loss, sadder still knowing there are so few of is contemporaries left, and they are bound to soon follow. :(

Every time the conversation turns to stars of the golden age, I have to check Wikipedia to make sure I'm right in thinking that Kirk Douglas is still with us. John Wayne once admonished Douglas for taking what he perceived to be weak and effeminate roles, but 98 years and a debilitating stroke later, I'd say Douglas must qualify as the hardest son of a bitch on Earth.

Ghost MacRoth

Yup, he is a tough old bugger.   :D
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

ZenArcade

A faustian pact, seemingly he sacrificed a goat and did the deal with his soul on the condition that his lifespan would be inversly proportional to his sons acting success. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

COMMANDO FORCES

Bobby Womack Soul Legend has passed away aged 70.

Frank

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 28 June, 2014, 01:35:07 AM

If I don't post it, someone else will: http://youtu.be/KtzRJgZG98I

Colin YNWA

Quote from: sauchie on 28 June, 2014, 08:03:32 AM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 28 June, 2014, 01:35:07 AM

If I don't post it, someone else will: http://youtu.be/KtzRJgZG98I

Just a glorious song.

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Frank

Quote from: Albion on 12 July, 2014, 08:12:29 AM
The last original Ramone, Tommy, has died.  :( http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/798444-tommy-ramone-dies-ramones-member-born-erdelyi-tamas-dead-at-65/

When you consider how many of their contemporaries from the Laurel Canyon, glam rock, prog, and metal scenes are still alive and touring, there's an awful attrition rate for anyone connected to that band. The Curse Of The Ramones would have been a great album title. RIP.

ZenArcade

'Jackie is a bookie, Judy's taking loans They both came up to New York just to see the Ramones'. RIP Tommy,thanks for  the endless years of entertainment from the band that should have ruled the world! Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Spikes

Aye RIP Tommy.
Brilliant band, and those first five LP's are indispensable IMO, and should be in everyone's collection.