Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: JamesC on 13 July, 2014, 07:31:58 PM
I don't think they should ever have stopped using that Dredd logo.

This ^^^ many times over.  Every other logo, no matter how sharp or stylish, has been inferior. It's not like the 2000AD logo itself where you can argue the pros and cons of versions in a my-favourite-Doctor way - there is only one choice of Dredd logo.

Fungus

Oh. I hadn't been in Futureshock for 20+ years when I popped in about 2 weeks ago. Sad news.

Fungus

Quote from: TordelBack on 13 July, 2014, 08:48:54 PM
Quote from: JamesC on 13 July, 2014, 07:31:58 PM
I don't think they should ever have stopped using that Dredd logo.

This ^^^ many times over.  Every other logo, no matter how sharp or stylish, has been inferior. It's not like the 2000AD logo itself where you can argue the pros and cons of versions in a my-favourite-Doctor way - there is only one choice of Dredd logo.

Completely.
I remember thinking when the Megazine [1.0]1 appeared, why the oh-so-perfect classic Dredd logo wasn't used...? It felt like a conscious decision not to use it and bizarre.

Frank

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 13 July, 2014, 08:35:30 PM
So good they had to use it in 2 films

Seeing that logo onscreen was the highlight of both films for me. It does seem like it would be a lovely gesture to restore that wonderful bit of design to the prog as a mark of respect - even if it was only for one episode.

Spikes

Yes, I'll add my voice to the call for restoring the original Dredd logo - even if, as others have said, its only for a one off mark of respect.

Trout

I'm sad to hear about Neil Craig. I bought my comics there for years and he was always a character.

Dash Decent

I've only just heard the news about Jan Shepheard.  RIP Mrs Shepheard, thanks for all your talent and hard work.

I would also love to see the original Dredd logo restored too. I cheer whenever it gets used on some new item.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Keef Monkey

It's easily the best logo Dredd has ever had and the only one that's really stuck with me as being the definitive one. Like others have said, seeing it in the film got me massively excited.

Really sad news.

CrazyFoxMachine

von Boom

Ahh Fuck. Extremely sad news about JW.  :'(

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 15 July, 2014, 09:12:00 AM
It's easily the best logo Dredd has ever had and the only one that's really stuck with me as being the definitive one. Like others have said, seeing it in the film got me massively excited.

Really sad news.

Yep, it's grizzled and craggy but powerful and authoritative, and thus is even more appropriate than ever to today's aged-but-tough-as-old-boots* old-timer Dredd.

*one size too small, of course
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Frank

Quote from: von Boom on 17 July, 2014, 07:57:54 PM
Ahh Fuck. Extremely sad news about JW:'(

Jeez - you can't post those initials on this thread without giving half the folk here a panic attack. I'm sorry to hear about blues dude, but massively relieved that Dark Justice won't have to be published posthumously.

ThryllSeekyr

Was Tommy the tall one?

Weren't there brothers called Ramone?

Hence the name of the group.

Daveycandlish

James Garner at 86.

Rockford Files, Maverick, Disney's Atlantis.

He was great.

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Albion

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 20 July, 2014, 12:07:38 AM
Was Tommy the tall one?

Weren't there brothers called Ramone?

Hence the name of the group.

The bands name was inspired by Paul McCartney's use of the pseudonym Paul Ramon during his early days.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.