Main Menu

Treme

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 12 May, 2010, 09:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

Anyone watching it?

You should be watching it - it's the jazziest funkiest most spectacularly stunning show I EVER DID SEE. It's like The Wire, but with jazz instead of drugdealin'.

Extraordinary watch I recommend it utterly, with all the vague influence I've conjured over the last three days of compound words, late-night-extended-freakouts, self-deprecation, flawed artwork and ending SENTENCES IN CAPITAL LETTERS TO EMPHASISE MY POINTS.

Please do give it a go.

Satanist

Hmm Im considering watching this as I liked the wire and I do like drugs but I dont like jazz so Im confused.

I think I'll wait till its finished and then watch it all in a row.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Professor Bear

I'm not a jazz fan either, but this is about jazz music in the same way Walk The Line was about country music.  And yes, you absolutely should be watching Treme, it's a fantastic show and you will like it if for no other reason than to remember that John Goodman and Khandi Alexander can actually act.

Watch the first episode and you'll know if you want to watch any more.  You will.

the shutdown man

I love the fact that it just drops you in the middle of New Orleans culture and leaves it to you to figure it out. Much like The Wire did, but this is possibly even more complicated. I thought Lambreaux was a drag queen at first until I wiki'd that and started reading about Mardi Gras Indians, which obviously explains a lot of his dialogue.

And as for the jazz, I wouldn't call myself a fan, but the way it's done here, it's hard not to like it.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

CrazyFoxMachine

Good gravy I'm glad some people on here have been watching it. The music is breathtaking and DIVERSE, it's not just plodding jazz. There's a lot of soul. I mean, the first episode? Starts and ends with a brass-band parade! C'mon! The casting is outstanding, the cameos CONSTANT and Steve Zahn steals the show every scene he's in.

Ever since watching The Wire I've become a David Simon nut, the guy is a solid gold storyteller. Generation Kill and The Corner are both outstanding in their own right and are worth checking out as well.

Cannae wait for the next episode.