Main Menu

The Curious Who Anthology

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 03 September, 2010, 07:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

Hello you superbly gorgeous bunch,

I idea hatched in my mind in the spring and has since taken full dominance over my brain - I want to produce a comic anthology and I want it to be

a - huge
b - insane

Here's the hard sell:

It'll be about Doctor Who.

But not as you know it. A one-off adventure of an alternate Doctor - no canon, no arcs, no melodrama, no familiar faces - as surreal and as a curious as you can make it.

I want one to five pages of nuttery madness from ridiculous writers which I'll then siphon off to willing (and hopefully equally ridiculous) artists to bring into shimmering and vividly silly reality.

The thing will be printed in FULL COLOUR and PROBABLY IN A5 - and then I shall distribute the bitch somehow but I'm CURRENTLY NOT CERTAIN WHERE OR HOW.

PM me or comment below if you're up for it -

It'd be absolutely excellent to hear from any of ye :D

locustsofdeath!

Hey there Foxy, I'm if you'll have me  :D.

Daveycandlish

Oh yes please.
I have way too much on but what the hell, I want to draw Doctor Who!

Old school mind - I like to draw curly hair with either frilly shirts, or long scarves  :)
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Dark Jimbo

Yeaaaahhh! I knew it'd be good, but this I was not expecting.

First dibs on any juicy historical/steampunkery stuff!
@jamesfeistdraws

Emperor

Ooooooooo you bugger - I will put this in the pondering cistern for further mulling.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

locustsofdeath!

I lay claims on the acid-trippy Who Gang vs. Kinky Sex-Craving Daleks script.

CrazyFoxMachine

Cheers for the responses -

Emperor - is that a yes ?!

Locusts - that sounds like it could be a ghostpockets pitch ;)

Emperor

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 03 September, 2010, 08:37:24 PMEmperor - is that a yes ?!

Its a "I've got a lot on my plate at the moment but I am thinking it over and if anything tasty occurs to me I might sketch a little something down."
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 03 September, 2010, 08:37:24 PM
Locusts - that sounds like it could be a ghostpockets pitch ;)

Ah-ha-ha-ha! Definately, Liam'd love that.
@jamesfeistdraws

chilipenguin

If I can think of something, I'll definitely be up for some of this.

Bhuna

twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Jim_Campbell

Note that being a charity anthology goes a long way towards avoiding a cease-and-desist order from the Beeb. Two big, fat Perfect Timing collections of short stories, and the Walking in Eternity book all managed to be high quality books that Auntie had no issue with simply by being non-profit.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

ghostpockets

Invoke my name thrice and I shall appear like a tea-crazed djinn. This is also my first post from across the pond, where the change of climate has quickened me and reawakened my tantric art mojo.

Well of course I'd like to play. Of course, of course, of corpse. I have manifold ideas and am literally champing at the bit to prove my long held assertion that I could pull a better Doctor Who outta my spectral arse than Russel T. Davies, and an army of typewriter monkeys, could in a trillion years.

The Enigmatic Dr X

As a Man With a Dalek icon, it is my duty - nay, pleasure - to say I'd be up for this.
Lock up your spoons!

CrazyFoxMachine

Cheers Bhuna & Dr X you'll be getting PMs (and of course Ghost I was the one who drew your attention to it so FEAR YE NOT).

Jim - Yes, well - I was thinking about this quite heavily - as much as the aim of the project is to avoid literally all Who canon and go completely out there - I never saw it truthfully as something that would generate as much interest as to disturb the beeb. Plus I don't expect to even make enough moolah to cover printing - !