Main Menu

Interest Check - early 2000AD collection available

Started by rat1000, 08 March, 2011, 01:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rat1000

Hello fellow 2000AD fans

An early collection of 2000AD comics / magazines, from issue ONE to issue 1000. Mostly good condition. I think the collection is complete, from 1977 to 1996. In the late 1990's, I organsied them into proper plastic bags and archive boxes, etc.. Then stored them with care. I'm now in the process of checking exactly what I have got. There are also some interesting extra's, like yearly annuals, summer specials, sc-fi specials, Starlord, etc, along the way.

I was really into 2000AD when I was younger. Hence the collection. But, I haven't looked at them much for a few years now. Alas, at age 46, me thinks it may be time to let them go to someone who might appreciate them etc, etc.

Let me know if there is any initial interest. I'm in the process of compiling a catalogue, which I will post later....

Anyway, let me know...?
RAT....

SmallBlueThing

46 is no age at all, and you'll regret it if you get rid. We have older here, and im certainly not far off. I wish you luck, if that's what you intend to do... But before you do- g'wan, open a few up and have a flick through. G'wan, g'wan, g'wan. Maybe a little read of dredd or nemesis, over a cup of tea? Isnt the whole of mcmahon slaine in there, somewhere? What about the ABC warriors, Halo Jones, Flesh? I can hear them calling you... G'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan... Oh, and by the way, you only have 724 to get once you've finished, and the brand new, shiny, prog 1724 is out tomorrow, with the return of Flesh... All for less than the price of a pint.
We'll all be here when you get back. There's a chair over there with your name on it.
SBT

rat1000

ooh... you spoiler...

Strontium Dog, Judge Dredd, Rogue Trooper and ABC warriors are all old friends

Now you're making me feel really bad to let my mates go....
RAT....

James Stacey

Colin YNWA

Sooooo maybe listen to SBT and give a few a read before you do. You never know it might just change your mind.

What ever you decide good luck with it.

TordelBack

If you do have a full run 1-1000, and are comtemplating selling, be aware that certain issues are worth more than others - the 'banned' episodes of The Cursed Earth, for example (Progs 71, 72, 77 and 78) can go for around a tenner each.  

(After googling those numbers, I've suddenly realised I've got a copy of Prog 78 (the Ant Wars cover) boxed up somewhere.  To the 'Bay!)

rat1000

Thanks for that advice...

I've also been looking at the suggested values on this forum and elsewhere.
RAT....

rat1000

Just posted the collection catalogue. See my other post...

Thanks for looking
RAT....