Main Menu

2000AD TV appearances

Started by Aero, 04 March, 2011, 01:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staz Johnson

I also remember a 2000AD appearance on some Saturday morning kids show (possibly TISWAS), I seem to remember a guy in a very impressive Dredd outfit milling around, & Brett Ewins showed up to present the pop group Madness with a piece of original Dredd art, I distinctly remember Suggs' response on seeing the art work.. an awestruck.."Zarjaz........."

Aero

Quote from: Eric Plumrose on 05 March, 2011, 12:27:49 PM
Dredd stomped his way through an episode of something, possibly MOTORMOUTH. Tharg himself appeared on THE SATURDAY SHOW and was interviewed by Tommy Boyd, no less.

Think I have that one: I've got a Motormouth clip from 16/11/1991 with a guy in a Dredd costume and Dermot Power. I'll be uploading it soon.

Heath C Ackley

I can remember that Tube episode too Staz. Wasn't there something about the Editor giving an artist a picture of Harrison Ford from Blade Runner to use as a reference? I may be wrong as much alcohol has flowed under the bridge since then,
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

EddieHitler

Sorry if somebody has already mentioned this.

I remember from the early 1990's(?) a schools programme for 'English' where a young boy was taken to see the creation/making of a 2000ad prog. He was accompanied by Skinny Melink(?) and was introduced to the REAL editor of 2000ad or was it a fresh faced David Bishop??.  Sorry the details are a bit hazy but I am sure I videotaped it.

I also videotaped a 'This Morning' show from the early 1990's where they visited Stateside Comics in East Barnet and the opening shot was of a Judge Dredd cut out but again the rest is hazy.

Hope that is some interest/help? :D    

EddieHitler

Correction......I thought Skinny may be the name of comic shop owner but, and I am sure someone out there will be able to tell me this but that may of been the name of the comic shop he worked in/owned.  

All I remember is that he was a big chap with black hair.

Mangamax

Yeah, that's ringing a bell somewhere. Wasn't he a guy and a shop?
And sure it was Skinny Molink - as in the slang
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

oshii

Staz Johnson

Quote from: ZippoCreed on 05 March, 2011, 08:42:45 PM
I can remember that Tube episode too Staz. Wasn't there something about the Editor giving an artist a picture of Harrison Ford from Blade Runner to use as a reference? I may be wrong as much alcohol has flowed under the bridge since then,

That's right, Alan Davis was given reference photo's of both Harrison Ford (for Harry 20)& Bob Hoskins ( for the main prison guard).

Also, there was some BBC documentary back in the mid 90's about the phenomenon of 'The Green Man' in British culture, as a part of that, there was an interview with Pat Mills, & a scene showing Bisley painting a page of Slaine.

Rio De Fideldo

Do you have the appearance on Splash. Suggs turned up on that too. I think there was a feature about it in one of the specials maybe 87

Albion

Paddy in Emmerdale was seen reading a Prog a while back.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Robo-K33F

Quote from: Albion on 06 March, 2011, 10:19:35 AM
Paddy in Emmerdale was seen reading a Prog a while back.

The actor who plays Paddy is a big 2000 AD fan.

spireite68

I seem to remember Anthony reading a Meg in an episode of The Royale Family.
You creeps must think I sailed through space on a synthi-biscuit!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Primeval: Series One, episode 4 (that I just watched this morning) has a student flat decorated with mid 80s 2000ADs.
Lock up your spoons!

Lobo Baggins

There was an educational programme sometime in the 1980s about a kid that had scripted a Future Shock. It had Kev Hopgood and Richard 'Burt' Burton in, and he really did go 'er, um' all the time.

There was also one of those ghastly 'yoof TV' things of the late eighties that had a report linking the Hungerford Massacre to roleplaying games utilising the silhouette of Rogue Trooper... annoyed me, that did.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Lobo Baggins on 06 March, 2011, 02:31:04 PMThere was also one of those ghastly 'yoof TV' things of the late eighties that had a report linking the Hungerford Massacre to roleplaying games utilising the silhouette of Rogue Trooper... annoyed me, that did.

I believe Michael Ryan called his rifle 'Gunnar'.