Main Menu

"The things i do for love" Game of Thrones is here

Started by Radbacker, 18 April, 2011, 02:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

locustsofdeath!

Asha's been cast as well - name changed to Yara ( :lol:) so not to be confused with Osha. The actress is cute, I like her:

http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/07/asha-renamed-and-cast/

radiator

Anyone know what they'll be calling season two? Will they be following the titles of the books, or will the just call it Game of Thrones season 2?

I, Cosh

Quote from: radiator on 11 July, 2011, 01:20:51 PM
Anyone know what they'll be calling season two? Will they be following the titles of the books, or will the just call it Game of Thrones season 2?
I'd be pretty surprised if it was called anything other than Game of Thrones. Certainly, that's how Martin has been referring to it on his website.
We never really die.

COMMANDO FORCES

I watched all of this over a few days the other week and mentioned that I was really enjoying the series, while I was sat in the rest room at work and that I had just finished episode 6. Some twat goes and mentions the death of a character and how that character dies. To say I was pissed off was an understatement, as when those scenes played out all the suspense was gone  >:(

I have told him that I will be ruining season two for him, as I will download each episode asp and ruin everything for the bastard  >:D

EDIT- It does get shown in Yankland first doesn't it!

soggy

HBO showed it on Sunday night, Sky Atlantic Monday night. So taking time zones into account you probably have 18 hours to watch and track down your nemesis.

TordelBack

radiator

Semi-reassuring update from HBO about the future of GoT...

QuoteHBO executives Richard Plepler and Michael Lombardo have declared that Game of Thrones will have a long run.

The fantasy drama was renewed for a second season back in April, with new episodes expected to air in 2012.

"I hope it lasts for 20 years," HBO programming president Lombardo told Entertainment Weekly. "I promise you we won't stop it before it's ready to stop.

"There's a great relationship fans have with the show and we appreciate that. We've never seen people get so excited about casting [decisions]."

HBO co-president Pleper also insisted that the television adaptation will continue "as long as [author George R R Martin] keeps writing".

However, Lombardo confirmed that HBO does not have a "predetermined number of seasons" in mind for Game of Thrones, and also rejected the notion of expanding each season beyond ten episodes.

"If we could do 12 [episodes], we would," he insisted. "To produce those shows in the time they have, there's no way they could physically do more than ten... without diluting the quality."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s151/game-of-thrones/news/a332390/game-of-thrones-will-have-long-run-say-hbo-execs.html

I don't know about you lot, but from where I'm standing, GoT seems to be approaching 'phenomenon' status - everyone I know is talking about it/watching it/reading the books. That should bode well for the future of the show...

Molch-R

The queue for one of Martin's signings at SDCC managed to cut off the 2000 AD booth completely, as did the one for Greg Bear. However, it wasn't as mad as the movie/TV signings.

Robert Frazer

I've been greatly enjoying Game of Thrones so I hope it continues to be successful, but I wonder if the second season can keep up the momentum of the first. While we geeks can provide a committed hard core of doggedly loyal support, for wider audiences I don't doubt that it was Sean Bean's star power that was the main draw. Now that he's been relegated to the convention circuit, will the show retain as much recognition next year?
Latest Video - The ESSENTIAL Judge Dredd

Mardroid

They might have come along for Mr Bean*, but hopefully they stuck around for the story.

If series 2 continues with the books, I think there's a good chance they'll stay.

Just speculating mind you. I haven't seen the series but I like the books a lot. That reminds me, I should pick up the new novel soon...

*Not that Mr Bean. That's already been done in The Black Adder**. Okay not really...
**Yeah, the sequel series were better but that incarnation was closer to Mr Bean. And set in the middle ages for that matter.

mogzilla

hopefully not many people switched off after bean left ,plus theres so many great characters played by so much talent i for one might have been drawn in by beany but the likes of tyrion, arya ,jon and even the weasely joff have me chomping at the bit...

also i never realised the little lass who plays arya is in her first role!

Colin Zeal

Does anyone know if the first series of this is likely to be shown on terrestial TV?

Hoagy

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6579356/game-of-thrones-rpg

I've not seen it yet, but thought you blokes'd like a look at this dubious new game that's out based on the series.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Mardroid

Quote from: Krombasher on 05 August, 2011, 12:56:27 PM
I've not seen it yet, but thought you blokes'd like a look at this dubious new game that's out based on the series.

Brilliant! Thanks for posting.

radiator