Main Menu

Prog 1776: Grand Target

Started by bluemeanie, 24 March, 2012, 11:52:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strontium71

Ah , but what I'm saying is , is there an actual Day of Chaos yet to come? That would be the epic and all that has fallen so far was just a taster...
...because I hate you.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: strontium71 on 26 March, 2012, 01:18:12 PM
Ah , but what I'm saying is , is there an actual Day of Chaos yet to come? That would be the epic and all that has fallen so far was just a taster...

Fair point. The way we're going it does seem like there's a distance to run. I wonder of this will be the first epic to break the one year mark. It'll only need another 15 parts which at this stage doesn't seem impossible?

a chosen rider

Quote from: strontium71 on 26 March, 2012, 01:18:12 PM

Going by Hennessy's prediction in prog 1744, the day of chaos is election day: 

"I see the city in flames.  It's really crazy on the streets.  People like mad dogs.  And they're dying all over the place...  Election day.  It's all happening on election day."
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

strontium71

15 weeks? That's entirely possible seeing as that's toward the end of July. The first one year mega-epic? Here's hoping... :)
...because I hate you.

mygrimmbrother

I don't have the prog to hand just now but didn't the narration this week kick off with something like 'Chaos Day Minus 2'? So I imagine whatever's about to kick off, it's just around the corner.

strontium71

I'm 41 in a few weeks and I still get giddy over next weeks prog!
...because I hate you.

Dark Jimbo

Well yeah, that's rather been the point all along. We knew from the start that election day was going to be the day of chaos in question - back before PJ Maybe escaped we knew - and 'Eve of Destruction' has been counting down to it week in, week out. Are people really only picking up on this now?
@jamesfeistdraws

Minkyboy

Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

SmallBlueThing

Excellent prog all round, with Dante being absolutely perfect, epecially in the dante/spatch/elenya exchange. A sronking Wolfie as well- im enjoying this as much as i did the first series, and while i understand it may not be to everyone's taste it's filling a gap for me, and is much appreciated. Flesh is just pages and pages of glorious dino mayhem and i love it very much. Dredd, again, will read much better in a trade, as it's just moving so slowly.

However, all my goodwill toward Zilk has dissipated, and this week it just reminded of those godawful 'quirky and psychadelic' 90s revolver/blast/crisis strips. Art's nice to look at, but im not giving a toss about the story.

SBT

The Prodigal

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 28 March, 2012, 10:16:22 AM
Excellent prog all round, with Dante being absolutely perfect, epecially in the dante/spatch/elenya exchange. A sronking Wolfie as well- im enjoying this as much as i did the first series, and while i understand it may not be to everyone's taste it's filling a gap for me, and is much appreciated. Flesh is just pages and pages of glorious dino mayhem and i love it very much. Dredd, again, will read much better in a trade, as it's just moving so slowly.

However, all my goodwill toward Zilk has dissipated, and this week it just reminded of those godawful 'quirky and psychadelic' 90s revolver/blast/crisis strips. Art's nice to look at, but im not giving a toss about the story.

SBT

I am a 2000 Ad newbie/old fart and missed all the Zilk like stuff refferred to so it doesn't read like a re-tread for me. I am loving it.

Wolfie I just can't seem to get into. Dante has been a high point of finding 2000AD (any trades advice guys?). Dredd-loving it though agree on the trade format points already alluded to.

oshii

Quote from: mygrimmbrother on 26 March, 2012, 04:33:14 PM
I don't have the prog to hand just now but didn't the narration this week kick off with something like 'Chaos Day Minus 2'? So I imagine whatever's about to kick off, it's just around the corner.

It says "Chaos Day minus 3".  I think Day minus 4 lasted a good few progs, so it could well be that the real meat of the story hasn't even started yet, which could be really rather ace.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Theory About Day of Chaos:

[spoiler]The missile attack came from a sked-way. PJ Maybe maybe?[/spoiler]
You may quote me on that.

Proudhuff

Quote from: pops1983 on 29 March, 2012, 12:54:54 AM
Theory About Day of Chaos:

[spoiler]The missile attack came from a sked-way. PJ Maybe maybe?[/spoiler]

Unlikely, not his style, plus they captured the two guys. PJ would have hed them killed by a rodgering robot rabbit or somesuch after they fired their load! Matron!
DDT did a job on me

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 26 March, 2012, 04:40:32 PM
Well yeah, that's rather been the point all along. We knew from the start that election day was going to be the day of chaos in question - back before PJ Maybe escaped we knew - and 'Eve of Destruction' has been counting down to it week in, week out. Are people really only picking up on this now?

Hold on -there isn't going to be any election day in the middle of all this, surely?

Cthulouis

Quote from: The Prodigal on 28 March, 2012, 11:09:08 AM
Dante has been a high point of finding 2000AD (any trades advice guys?).

Yep, start at book one and head on from there. Some of them are difficult to get hold of, though.

Dante is brilliant. I love that this story takes him right back to the beginning, to when he first came to Rudenstien. He's just a guy, out of his depth, challenged to a fight to death. A metaphor for the whole series, really.