Main Menu

Prog 1779: Rise of the Reptoids

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 14 April, 2012, 08:58:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strontium71

Quote from: a chosen rider on 14 April, 2012, 04:34:43 PM
Quote from: strontium71 on 14 April, 2012, 04:17:26 PM
Presumably , if [spoiler]the Dark Judges [/spoiler] are back , then [spoiler]Anderson[/spoiler] will show up as well?

I hope so.  How long has it been since [spoiler]Anderson[/spoiler] last showed up in the prog?  (Well, other than in [spoiler]Cadet Anderson or that "what if" story.[/spoiler])

A quick look at wiki says that the last appearance in the weekly other than [spoiler]the cadet ones was back in 2001 with r*evolution  :o[/spoiler]. So maybe this could be [spoiler]time for her [/spoiler]swansong  :'(
...because I hate you.

oshii

Got to say, I hadn't seen the second set of images and I'm really glad I hadn't.   That came as a complete surprise to me and I enjoyed it all the more for that.  Dredd is just pure adrenaline at the moment, its just blasts straight through.

Pretty rock solid prog all round I thought. 

IndigoPrime

I've not followed the marketing stuff beyond that first trio of images, so the Dredd cliffhanger was a surprise. Mind you, the entire thing's been flying along for weeks now—real high-octane stuff, but also with a thread of intelligence that puts those awful Millar/Morrison attempts to do the same to shame. Why Wagner is not held in the same regard as Morrison, Moore, Ennis, Gaiman and co. is beyond me. His Dredd is comics at its best.

Elsewhere, Zilk is beautifully bonkers, Dante is going to be missed, Wolf is readable and Flesh is drearily predictable. That page where the characters are named one-by-one really killed it for me. It's like Mills on autopilot.

Steve Green

Seems like they're damned if they do promote stuff and damned if they don't.

Maybe the second set of images were a step too far - but I think it worked well, as I didn't really think they were going to have them in DoC.

strontium71

I'm a bit slow today but if the second set of images foretold this weeks events in Dredd , what do/did the first set represent?
...because I hate you.

moly

this is possibly turning into the best run of dredd stories ever what with the mutant issue sorted out, pj maybe, the sovs, democracy, civil war breaking out and after this weeks issue it just gets better and better cant wait till next saturday   :) maybe a few more old characters to pop up soon ?

Dr Feeley Good

Keep smiling to myself like a little kid,Wagner at his best !! I have the cover of complete Dredd 22 on my wall and keep looking at it! Should be some good covers due !

Last of the V8's

Don't usually post on this thread but WOW! Dredd hit the spot this week. Had me gasping with excitement and it's a long time since that happened in the prog!
Please don't let this be an anti-climax.

Steve Green

Quote from: strontium71 on 14 April, 2012, 06:14:58 PM
I'm a bit slow today but if the second set of images foretold this weeks events in Dredd , what do/did the first set represent?

Well, they use exactly the same colours, so I guess they're just more abstract versions of the second run.

strontium71

So abstract , that I thought they were the ABC's  :lol:
...because I hate you.

Pete Wells

Quote from: SteveMillar on 14 April, 2012, 06:27:11 PM
Should be some good covers due !

I know!!! That's what I've been thinking  :D

Trout

Quote from: Steve Green on 14 April, 2012, 06:06:39 PM
Seems like they're damned if they do promote stuff and damned if they don't.

Maybe the second set of images were a step too far - but I think it worked well, as I didn't really think they were going to have them in DoC.

They can promote stuff without spoiling the twist.

The Monarch

I obviously haven't read the prog...that was a question!

[spoiler]boot in the balls?[/spoiler] :lol:

Last of the V8's

Please Henry Flint, stay on the strip.

scrotnig

Wow.

Quite apart from the fact that the current line up of strips shows the prog to be at its best for...oooh...ten years...then we get that final frame in Dredd....

I was lucky enough not to have been "spolied" on this one, and it was a complete shock. My favourite moment since the reveal of The Master in Doctor Who a few years ago.