Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

I'' told (hardly smoked in my life) that cravings subside after a few days, giving way to mood swings.

A hormonal Sharky, grud help us all!

I jest of course, chuffed for you Sharky, packing in the habit.

The Legendary Shark

It's not the cravings, they're mild and easy to deal with, as every smoker knows. The trick is to overcome the brainwashing - or so I've read. Seems to be working so far!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Trout

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 09 January, 2017, 01:35:08 PM
It's not the cravings, they're mild and easy to deal with, as every smoker knows. The trick is to overcome the brainwashing

Yes.

"Hey, giving up smoking is easy! I don't feel too bad. I think I'll just have one cigarette, because I can easily quit again tomorrow."

Six months later: "I should have stayed quit when I quit."

Stick with it, Shark. Solidarity!

The Legendary Shark

You're absolutely right, Trout, and thank you for your support. This method I'm using drills it into you that there's no such thing as one cigarette. The minute I smoke one I'll be filling myself up with nicotine again. That nicotine level will then begin to decrease, triggering fresh cravings which trick me into believing I need nicotine and can never quit.

The only cigarette I need to resist is the next one.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

Giving up smoking  is easy - I've done it dozens of times

von Boom

Just to clear up any confusion:

Goaty

Hawkmumbler

What even is life anymore? Humanity has reached peak self awareness.

Grugz

are we all looking forward to thundersnow?  and is it just me but wouldn't that make a great title for an ac/dc song?
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

von Boom

Dear Grud I want one!

*mashes keyboard in hopes of entering valid credit card number*

http://www.hollywood-collectibles.com/store/product.php?productid=16582

TordelBack

I'd say 'this is why we can't have nice things', but it wasn't really that nice in the first place. I'm just impressed that it wasn't Sharky on a nicotine-deprived anarchist rampage that brought about its demise. Where will I go now for my Trump, Foster and Brexit needs? Oh wait, the entire rest of the internet.

I, Cosh

Quote from: TordelBack on 12 January, 2017, 10:26:48 AM
I'd say 'this is why we can't have nice things', but it wasn't really that nice in the first place. I'm just impressed that it wasn't a Sharky on nicotine-deprived anarchist rampage that brought about its demise.
Well, we did get one of those as well, so it's not all bad.
We never really die.

Hawkmumbler

Aye, its the end of an era.

Steven Denton

It didn't really seem any more mean spirited then normal.

Theblazeuk

I'd disagree, but it went predictably.