Main Menu

Internet Pests

Started by Heath C Ackley, 03 September, 2012, 09:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heath C Ackley

The original title for this topic was to be Internet Dick but I don't know if that would be allowed.

This kind of arsehole makes me want to puke:

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2012/09/mark-millar-others-team-up-to-take-down-online-bully/

Now, I know that Millar doesn't have many fans on this site but you have to agree that he's right on the money here and is at least doing something about dicks like this.

I only hope that the female members of this noble forum have not suffered such sick abuse.

"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Richmond Clements

The Prodigal

That's scary stuff. He's done well there. Hopefully we will hear of good things happening as the result of it.

Zarjazzer

Good on him. Well done Mark Millar and chums who helped.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Greg M.

I've long said it - I may have no time for Millar's writing, but he himself is a genuinely good bloke.

vzzbux

Spot on MR Millar. Need more of this as there are a lot of dicks out there.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Steve Green

Nice one - it's easy to feel powerless against the supposed anonymity of the internet, good on them for going after him.

FoldsFive

Good for MM.  Excellent work.  The internet: Not entirely populated by idiots :)

Dandontdare

Quote from: FoldsFive on 04 September, 2012, 01:46:33 PM
Good for MM.  Excellent work.  The internet: Not entirely populated by idiots :)

oh I dunno - have you read all the comments about this troll's freedom of speech and how "you should be gangraped by me and my friends" doesn't constitute a threat?  ::)

Proudhuff

Well done Mister Millar, using his powers for good! 
DDT did a job on me

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Dandontdare on 04 September, 2012, 02:31:13 PM

oh I dunno - have you read all the comments about this troll's freedom of speech and how "you should be gangraped by me and my friends" doesn't constitute a threat?  ::)

But as we know, gang rape is okay in a 'comedy' situation. Maybe that's what he was going for here..?

FoldsFive

Quote from: Dandontdare on 04 September, 2012, 02:31:13 PM

I did say not ENTIRELY populated by idiots.  There are still, however, a fair few idiots.

The Doctor Alt 8

Bravo on this.

Bullying is bad enough it is a serious issue which dosn't get taken seriously a lot of the time.

I know one woman who has had to remove herself from all forums because of bullying. (Worse she suspected due to some true personnel comments made) that the chief bully was actually stalking her.

Regretably I haven't heard from her in months. She has littarally been driven off the internet.

The Prodigal

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 04 September, 2012, 04:00:49 PM
Bravo on this.

Bullying is bad enough it is a serious issue which dosn't get taken seriously a lot of the time.

I know one woman who has had to remove herself from all forums because of bullying. (Worse she suspected due to some true personnel comments made) that the chief bully was actually stalking her.

Regretably I haven't heard from her in months. She has littarally been driven off the internet.

That is the stuff of genuine nightmares.