Main Menu

Prog 1808 - Judge Klegg

Started by oshii, 03 November, 2012, 10:33:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Montynero

Great prog! Dredd is just perfect right now. Brass Sun is epicly amazing though the art is getting a bit too rushed and simplistic in places. Low Life is funny! It was clever how the Dredd strip tied in with Dirty Frank's mission last week. These little details make for a really satisfying read.

Mardroid

I've enjoyed the last two Progs a lot, although I didn't quite get how Dirty Frank was shifting in and out of danger this episode. Doesn't that transport system take him down a specific preprogrammed route, or does he move around?

I'm enjoying the ABC Warriors arc a lot. I didn't dislike the previous Volgan War outings, but this is really good.

I do wonder why the opposition only had the good weapons anti-ABC weapons at the start though.  Even those mark 4 Hammersteins turned out to be rubbish, although in their case a Windows Vista-esque joke reason was given.

It says something for the writing that, I hoped Hammerstein wouldn't murder the president, even if it was for the supposed greater good. Yet... at the point that he did it, after the President made that statement, I found myself thinking, "he have that coming". "Thankyou, Mr President," indeed.

Not that I'm saying I condone assassination. Point is, it was understandable.

Mardroid

"he have that coming". = "he had that coming."

TordelBack

That whole damn Prog was zarjaz, I don't even know where to begin picking apart the warm pervasive glow to get at the individual coals.  Maybe a few notes:

1. Cover is absolutely splendid in the flesh, leaping off the shelves at me it was.
2. The quality of Al Ewing's writing is simply astonishing this week. 
3. Fabulous high-concept sequence in Low Life.
4. Clint Langley, you still have it, man, in spades.  Lay off the photos, please - every panel should be filled with your excellent robots.   
5. Quite amusing to see such Yeowellesque designs in the wonderful Brass Sun.
6. Interesting to see almost all the parties in the Cold Deck crossover making good use of psis, Coleby's be-bagged one being particularly creepy.
7. Every strip a winner.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Mardroid on 12 November, 2012, 05:10:42 PM
I do wonder why the opposition only had the good weapons anti-ABC weapons at the start though.  Even those mark 4 Hammersteins turned out to be rubbish, although in their case a Windows Vista-esque joke reason was given.

It has precedent as far back as the Meknificent Seven, when Hammerstein handed the supposedly invincible Mark X his arse on a plate. Also could be seen as the forerunner of the info-lation seen in Volgan War, by which point companies are just re-releasing the same old shit in new packages with deliberate built-in defects to ensure they can sell the next models.
@jamesfeistdraws