Main Menu

Prog 1808 - Judge Klegg

Started by oshii, 03 November, 2012, 10:33:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oshii

Cover by Edmund Bagwell.  Bitey.

Like last week every thrill is on top form.  ABC Warriors (which for me has been the weakest link, comparitively) is the best episode yet.  Bachmann goes into overdrive in Dredd.  I suspect we ain't seen nothing yet.  And all other thrills continue in top quality form.  The prog really is strong at the moment.  Extra thrill circuits required.

Dandontdare

Danbo

The plot thickens.... am loving this Cold Deck Dredd story line and what a cliffhanger?!?!?!?!

So glad I subscribed.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

oshii

Quote from: Dandontdare on 03 November, 2012, 10:43:28 AM
Quote from: oshii on 03 November, 2012, 10:33:57 AM
Bachmann goes into overdrive in Dredd.

:lol: Will Dredd turner in?

Drokk it!  I was trying to think of something with Turner for ages as well.

chuffsteruk

2nd week without a Saturday Prog...

Colin YNWA

Well it was never going to top last week now was it. Still it gave it the damnest try and its a bloody astonishingly fantastic prog. Everything firing on all cylinders. Even the weakest of the bunch, ABC Warriors is bloody fantastic and that final page splash was a beaut. At a push I'd say Low Life edges top thrill this week but that's really like choosing between your children. Each time I look at one of them all I see is wonder and delight and even their slight faults are endearing and add to their charm. I love um all in slightly different ways but at the end of the day I'd chew me own hand of for each one of them.

2000ad has never been this good, I think I really mean that.

Cactus

Quote from: oshii on 03 November, 2012, 11:44:27 AM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 03 November, 2012, 10:43:28 AM
Quote from: oshii on 03 November, 2012, 10:33:57 AM
Bachmann goes into overdrive in Dredd.

:lol: Will Dredd turner in?

Drokk it!  I was trying to think of something with Turner for ages as well.

Ewing, Spurrier and Williams beat you to the punch(line) with Judge Bachman, Mr Turner and Mr Overdrive.
I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!

IndigoPrime

I don't care for the clumsy ABC Warriors, but everything else is firing on all cylinders. Loving the threads running through these three Dreddworld stories, especially Low Life, which continues to be a highlight within 2000 AD's history, never mind just the current Prog. Also, great to see with Ewing that someone else utterly 'gets' Dredd. (One thing I'm hoping, however, is we don't next week see another "idiots at Justice Dept. for some reason all gang up against Dredd". Despite his stoically not taking on the responsibility he should—as ably noted by Hershey; he's more often than not who the department should listen to, and so if he ends up turfed out/fired/banged up, that'll all be a bit hrrmm.)

Minkyboy

Cover - striking image and all kinds of odd. Suffers a bit from being face on I think. I didn't see the stretched Dredd face until I had read the prog and was having another look.

Dredd - How wide is that Lawmaster?! Lovely bit of internal Basil from Old Stony Face about 'The Black Pit', reminding us all just how desperate everything is. Which contrasts violently with Bachmann's politics and power play. With the Kleggs and the Nightmare gun we are getting our retro circuits twanged as well.
So good, so so good.

ABC - Lots and lots of talking heads but I liked the colouring.

Brass Sun - Peril in the long grass, glorious styling.
Reminds me a lot of this British themed game being developed "Sir, You Are Being Hunted." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsETDtHE5NM
Brass Sun is the best new thing in the prog since Kingdom for me, gonna be a classic.

Low Life - Space-Frank! and a fey, upright man crocodile. Comics doesn't get any barmier than this. Top thrill for me, with Frank's grin as he comes through the plast-suit membrane being my fave.

Simp - Like a massive slab of chocolate cake it is just a bit too rich for me, a bit too much to digest. The amount of text to get through slows it down to a bit of a slog. And Judges turning a blind eye to crime because of charity status? Unlikely, even in post bug times.

Great prog and top times for us!
Thanks Thargy Baby
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

Fisticuffs

I am LOVING the Lawmaster, fantastically chunky and mean-looking.

oshii

Quote from: Cactus on 03 November, 2012, 03:46:38 PM
Ewing, Spurrier and Williams beat you to the punch(line) with Judge Bachman, Mr Turner and Mr Overdrive.

I genuinely cannot believe I hadn't noticed that yet.  That's going to make me hugely happy every time I read these stories from now on.

Cactus

Quote from: oshii on 03 November, 2012, 10:24:51 PM
Quote from: Cactus on 03 November, 2012, 03:46:38 PM

I genuinely cannot believe I hadn't noticed that yet.  That's going to make me hugely happy every time I read these stories from now on.
I hadn't noticed the Bachman/Overdrive link until DanDon'tDare's comment above, then I had to check this week's prog to find Mr Turner.

It's chuffin' brilliant stuff though, isn't it?
I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!

Proudhuff

I don't think the top thrills/surprise of last week would be topped but this came close, twisty turny with even ABC doing a fine job, not [spoiler]often the prez gets shot in the head[/spoiler]! and that last page was a bit silly...

the Bachmann/Turner/Overdrive doing char-e-tee make me smirk too
DDT did a job on me

Hawkmumbler

Bachman, Turner, Overdrive? Am I missing something or am I just to young to be on here?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 05 November, 2012, 07:44:12 PM
Bachman, Turner, Overdrive? Am I missing something or am I just to young to be on here?

We're too young. I had to look it up - wiki says it was a '70s canadian band.
@jamesfeistdraws