bring back Mogzilla

Started by ZenArcade, 03 July, 2014, 11:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZenArcade

Purley for Mog if he's still looking in. C'mon back kid. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Fungus

8-Ball

Thus began the Mogzilla Quest. If it comes to it I volunteer to take the Oracle Spice.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

ZenArcade

You need to have a tash for that. Z

8-Ball

Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Ghost MacRoth

I third that sentiment.  Missed his presence is.

Yoda turned into I have, with sentence ending last I typed, mmmm.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

ZenArcade

Right 8-Ball, of we get a quorum of 8 you're on Oracle spice detail!  Judge Zedd :lol:

Ghost MacRoth

Got an email from him today, he had actually considered coming back, but seems he is very banned.  So he has asked me to pass on his thanks to those who showed some support.

I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Richmond Clements

Mogzilla asked that he be banned from the forum. It was his descision. It was not imposed upon him.

ZenArcade

With respect Richmond, the thrust of this thread is to try and persuade Mogzilla to consider rejoining us (if indeed that is possible); it most certainly is not a vehicle to apportion blame where there is none. Z

Richmond Clements

I was clarifying MacRoth's post, wherein there seems to be some surprise on his part that Mogzilla was banned.
I do think it's important that all the relevant information is supplied, whcih is why I did so.

If Mogzilla wants to come back, he is free to start a new account.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: ZenArcade on 08 July, 2014, 01:48:23 PM
With respect Richmond, the thrust of this thread is to try and persuade Mogzilla to consider rejoining us (if indeed that is possible); it most certainly is not a vehicle to apportion blame where there is none. Z

MacRoth's suggestion is that Mogzilla is would like to return, but is unable to because he is "very banned". The fact is that he stormed off in a huff and demanded that the powers-that-be banned him rather than just, y'know, not fucking posting here. A correction to the implication, intended or otherwise, that Mogzilla had been banned for some reason on the side of the moderators or Rebellion is most certainly appropriate.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Ghost MacRoth

No surprise Rich, I did read the thread at the time, and am aware he asked to be banned.  I never said it was any other way.

As for him being free to start a new account, well, he isn't.  He tried that, but it appears he is very banned.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 08 July, 2014, 01:53:57 PM
As for him being free to start a new account, well, he isn't.  He tried that, but it appears he is very banned.

Unsurprising — a ban has to take into account the user's email address, IP address and the like, which is the only reason Scojo wasn't able to lay waste to this forum the way he did the newsgroup. This is why it would have been a little more sensible if he'd just decided not post, or even deleted his account (which I think he's done before).

I'm not sure if there are 'levels' of banned as you suggest, but if all you had to do was add "2014" to the end of your username and re-register under the same details, there wouldn't be much point in banning people, would there?

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.