Main Menu

Sauchie's close comment/cool picture thingy but Dark Jimbo's better at it thread

Started by ZenArcade, 06 August, 2015, 09:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

CrazyFoxMachine

Can I request that this be merged with the "Things that went over your head..." thread?

...as I have no clue wtf you're on about.

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

locustsofdeath!

While I had to read it twice and still didn't understand, the title of the thread lured me right in.

Colin YNWA

I've read all that. I've looked at the Prog Review thread in question... and slipped quickly away without getting involved but for the life of me I still don't know what the heck that title is meant to actually mean.

Which when you think of some of the poorly communicated tosh I pass as comment on this place is quite something!

Ghost MacRoth

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 07 August, 2015, 08:14:06 PM
I've read all that. I've looked at the Prog Review thread in question... and slipped quickly away without getting involved but for the life of me I still don't know what the heck that title is meant to actually mean.

Ditto.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

TordelBack

Sauchie and Jimbo are both masters of inserting the apposite panel/page to draw a parallel, extract a detail or illustrate a point.  The thread refers to Sauchie's recently-controversial habit of 'close reading' of Dredd in particular, and makes a joking comparison with the similarly insightful Jimbo, in an attempt to divert discussion of detailed criticism (in the broad sense) of the strip both here and in other media/forums away from the Prog thread, which can annoy some.

ZenArcade

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

TordelBack

ZenArcade

Colin YNWA

Oh really this is all so... something. I'm off to a nice simple thread like the 'Comic is dead good thread' were I can simply bang on like.

"I like this comics cos the pictures was good and it had cool fighting and stuff in it"

and leave you lot to ya high filuting nonsense... as long as you all play nice. I gets sad when mum and dad is arguing all the time...

I is sad...