Main Menu

The Black Dog Thread

Started by Grugz, 02 January, 2016, 09:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rara Avis

Honestly Jade it just sounds like they've noticed you're struggling and want to talk to you about it. It doesn't sound like you're in any "trouble" (if that's what you were worried about).

sheridan

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 02 September, 2022, 10:48:53 PM
Regarding Social Media, I'm on Facebook solely.  I use it mainly for some modelling groups, some related groups like the Black Hole movie, Space 1999 etc

Speaking of Space 1999, am I right in thinking that today is the anniversary of the day of that nuclear explosion on the moon?

Funt Solo

- Clutch me!

- Clutch me!

- No clutch for me, huh?

Only 311 people in the moonbase. Awkward.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Jade Falcon

I've been unemployed for the vast majority of my life due to a variety of factors, mainly ill health.  I am not someone who is one of the idle unemployed, I'm not the popular caricature that some like to project, sitting drinking booze, or whatever.

I wanted to work, but was never lucky except for a month in a shady call centre doing cold calls (that was not the original job description).  I've been sending out applications where I dont think I even have a chance...

Now it seems my luck might have changed.  I got a job offer.  Granted, its minimum wage, and its full time in a call centre, not what I would have liked ideally, but its a start.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Rara Avis

Jade that is fantastic news and well done!

JayzusB.Christ

Nice work, Jade. Onwards and upwards
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Jade Falcon

It is good news, but I'm filling out all the papers needed and its a sod proving you are who you are.  One is a proof of identity, and my birth certificate has a different surname because my Mum was seperated from her first husband at the time.  I've never been known by any other name but the other name.  I would have thought that especially nowadays this sort of thing is more common than not, but I just can't find something to back it up.

Another grim spot is my car.  I have spent a fair bit on it recently.  Its a 2006 VW Golf, mechanically very reliable but its suffering from constant water leaks.  I must have spent nearly a grand on it and I'm starting to think its throwing good money after bad.  The car has low mileage for its age, just over 70000, and is otherwise fine.  However there has been water coming in the passenger side, it gets fixed, the drivers side feels like a mangrove swamp, its fixed, then the passenger side front and back is bad again, rinse (literally) and repeat.  Unfortunately used car sales are ridiculous and I only have an automatic licence.  Perhaps it might be better trying to see if I can get my manual licence.  Getting a cheaper car is near impossible now unless you want one that has been beaten to death.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Rara Avis

Can't you use your drivers license as proof of identity?

That sounds awful - what have they fixed? Have they replaced the window or seal around the door?

Jade Falcon

The drivers licence was a photographic proof section.

This other is a long list of eligible documents, covering if you come from Jersey, Isle of Man etc, and most of them are passport related.  I don't have a passport.

The car itself.  In total, it has had both footwells drained, the pollen filter replaced, the door seals checked, the sunroof drains checked and other things.  It just seems as soon as one thing is done the other acts up.

Tjm86

Goodby, Farewell and Amen.

Finally decided to stop pissing into the wind.  Fed up bouncing from one fuck up to the next.  Time for the black pill.

Good luck to all. hope things go better for you.

Colin YNWA

Tjm86 please fella talk to some one. I'll pm my phone number as even though we don't know yeah other personally I want you to know you can talk to me about whatever you need to to avoid having those thoughts.

I am here for you and I'm sure others are too. Please talk to us.

Hawkmumbler

Ah please TJM, talk to someone, drop a DM if you're not comfortable putting it out in a public platform.

The Legendary Shark

Concerned about this.

Talk to us, Tjm86.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 29 September, 2022, 09:31:30 AM
Ah please TJM, talk to someone, drop a DM if you're not comfortable putting it out in a public platform.

Absolutely - please be safe, TJM, and as the man says, send a DM if you want.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Barrington Boots

To echo what the other guys said above, concerned for you Tjm.
You don't know me personally, if it's easier to talk to someone like that (I know sometimes it can be) then I'm happy to listen.
Please take care of yourself.

You're a dark horse, Boots.