Main Menu

Round 2: 4 - Alan Hebden or Rob Williams - Ultimate Not Wagner Tourney

Started by Colin YNWA, 10 June, 2020, 06:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Both votes have a similar make-up today. One writer from the first generation, one from later, this time we could say the third. Both have none the less given us stories that have had massive impact and created characters that are much loved. So who do you go for one of the architects of the first Golden Age or one of the architects of the nuGolden Age?

Alan Hebden - http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=droid&page=profiles&choice=ALANH

OR

Rob Williams - http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=droid&page=profiles&choice=ROBW

What is all this nonsense you ask well we're finding out whose 2000ad (Meg and associated items) writing do you prefer? Voting - just add a comment here with whose work you prefer (and anything else you might wish to say to discuss their work). This vote closes some time early Saturday 13th June?

Want to know more https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=46503.msg1029915#msg1029915

Two more Round 2 starting in the morning.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

rogue69

abelardsnazz

sintec

Williams for Low Life and some solid contributions to Dredd.

Tomwe

IndigoPrime

Dark Jimbo

As much as I love Meltdown Man, it's just one thrill - set against Williams' vast body of work for Tharg, there's just no contest, really. Williams for me.
@jamesfeistdraws

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

Ghost MacRoth

I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

IndigoPrime

broodblik

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 10 June, 2020, 10:52:43 AM
Quote from: The Mind of Wolfie Smith on 10 June, 2020, 09:55:28 AM
For me an easy win for the great Alan Hebden.
You must really hate Hershey! :D

or you can take the approach: Everyone says A so you will say B  :)
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 10 June, 2020, 10:52:43 AM
Quote from: The Mind of Wolfie Smith on 10 June, 2020, 09:55:28 AM
For me an easy win for the great Alan Hebden.
You must really hate Hershey! :D

Right. No, I was really invested and moved by what Wagner did with Hershey's first goodbye. That should have been it.
Also, I do think that Hebden was the absolute master of the self-contained three page  'chapter' of a wider whole, an art that had pretty much disappeared from the modern prog. And while I do very much respect what Williams does tonally with Dredd (he gets him more than most writers), the conclusions of most of his arcs often feel, to me, either anticlimactic or rather empty.

CalHab