Main Menu

The Rebellion Years Top 10 Series - Tournament

Started by broodblik, 13 June, 2020, 12:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnetica

Quote from: broodblik on 27 June, 2020, 04:58:12 AM
The meg one I am going to run I feel keep at 10 but I am open to a top 20 for the Galaxy's Greatest. So if we have a second on a top 20 for the Galaxy's I will do it  :thumbsup:

Yes I think the overall competition should be a top 20. There are too many series for merely a top 10.

broodblik

So w have our second and the Galaxy one will be a top 20
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Well that was tough and I've been hanging onto my answer but think I'm settled on it... for today at least I reserve the right to change my mind at the drop of a hat! I short listed to about 22 so have a 11-20 as well, which I know won't score, but just for interest. And also cos there are a load of self contained stories that don't make my top ten as the ongoing one have more chance to work their way into my heart BUT which I really think deserve a mention.

ANYWAY here we go.

1   Nikolai Dante
2   Brink
3   Kingdom
4   Cradlegrave
5   Sinister Dexter
6   Brass Sun
7   The Red Seas
8   Zombo
9   Shakara
10   Savage

11   The Order    
12   Leatherjack   
13   Leviathan    
14   Indigo Prime    
15   Low Life    
16   Grey Area    
17   Lobster Random    
18   Thistlebone    
19   Max Normal    
20   Caballistics Inc    

Rogue Judge

Quote from: broodblik on 27 June, 2020, 06:17:17 AM
I also feel that Gordon Rennie is under valued. His stories bring something different to the prog and he single handled created the best spin-off off any current verses in the prog with Jaegir

Agreed, Jaegir is fantastic. I always want more Rogue and this is a series that reaches into that world while remaining totally unique. I hope we will get a second TPB of Jaegir soon.

sintec

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 28 June, 2020, 04:03:15 PM
I hope we will get a second TPB of Jaegir soon.

Hachette have announced it as part of their extension - given their standard page counts I expect that'll cover all the material to date.  Not sure what that'll mean for a second trade.

broodblik

Remember only two more days to vote.

The top 5 is now quite settled, we have some smaller movers and shakers in the top 10. A total of 60 thrills got votes. Dan Abnett is the writer which attract most of the attention.  Interesting is that Pat Mills most popular entries only gets up to spot 16 and 18.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 29 June, 2020, 07:02:06 AM
The top 5 is now quite settled, we have some smaller movers and shakers in the top 10. A total of 60 thrills got votes. Dan Abnett is the writer which attract most of the attention.  Interesting is that Pat Mills most popular entries only gets up to spot 16 and 18.

Yeah that is very interesting. Though fair to say that Pat's best work was from a much earlier age. I almost want to run a Ultimate not Wagner Rebellion Years Tourney now... but that can wait!

broodblik

I believe we will see a complete different picture when we do the Full Monty

NapalmKev

1: Deadworld
2: Indigo Prime
3: Hope
4: Shakara
5: Absalom
6: Thistlebone
7: The Order
8: Survival Geeks
9: Jaegir
10: Zombo

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

ZenArcade

Awww damn!  Forgot about Ulysses Sweet....a  flat out classic. Drat!!  Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

broodblik

Quote from: ZenArcade on 29 June, 2020, 11:03:29 AM
Awww damn!  Forgot about Ulysses Sweet....a  flat out classic. Drat!!  Z

One of the rules are that you can vote as many times as you want but only your last vote counts thus you have time to change if you want to

ZenArcade

1.Shakara
2. Cradlegrave
3. Glimmer Rats
4. Leviathan
5. Deadworld
6. Jaegir
7. Indigo Prime
8. Nikolai Dante
9. Ulysees Sweet
10. Brass Sun

Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

broodblik

norton canes

1. Kingdom
2. Absalom
3. Caballistics Inc
4. Survival Geeks
5. Brink
6. Jaegir
7. The Order
8. Hope
9. Sinister Dexter
10. Strontium Dog

paddykafka

Quote from: paddykafka on 26 June, 2020, 09:22:11 PM
So difficult to choose from. (Could we have a Top Twenty list next, please?)  :D

1:    Nikolai Dante
2:    Buttonman
3:    Stickleback
4:    Carver Hale
5:    Glimmer Rats
6:    Absalom
7:    Cabalistics
8:    Lobster Random
9:    Low-Life
10:  Jaegir

Darn! Was just thinking about one of my most favourite ever Tooth stories: Reefer Madness  (Prog 1263). It still makes me chuckle to this day. As with all of the other pics in my top ten, my main reason for including them - aside from the obvious script, art, colouring and lettering merits - is that the characters and plots still resonate with me. So it is with great regret that I have to bid farewell to Carver Hale - "An honest dilemma, Guv!" - and replace him instead with Terror Tales (above all else for Reefer Madness). 

So my final revised choice is as below. Really. I mean it this time. Absolutely no more changing my mind. Ever...

1:    Nikolai Dante
2:    Buttonman
3:    Stickleback
4:    Terror Tales
5:    Glimmer Rats
6:    Absalom
7:    Cabalistics
8:    Lobster Random
9:    Low-Life
10:  Jaegir