FINAL - Dan Abnett or Pat Mills - For the Godpleton Cup

Started by Colin YNWA, 25 June, 2020, 06:56:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 26 June, 2020, 02:13:40 PM
I'm fighting with Abnett block

Twice - don't think our voter fraud checks aren't top notch. I'm like a razer sharp vote rigging catchin' person me!

(mind for reason some might be able to grasp I might let this slide. Pat is beginning to pull away, just a little)

TordelBack

Whatever could have you in such magnanimous fettle this morning,  ColinYNWA?

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Colin YNWA

Quote from: TordelBack on 26 June, 2020, 02:58:29 PM

I've no idea - did something happen last night or summit?

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 26 June, 2020, 03:19:20 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 26 June, 2020, 02:58:29 PM

I've no idea - did something happen last night or summit?

How many pitchers of Carling Black Label would have been sold in Concert Square if the boozers were open this week do you reckon?

Colin YNWA

Are the fish still there in... that bar with the fish? I've not been to Concert Square for years it was always a hassle!

Though to keep on track errr... if one writer had to write a story in a mid-size plaza in a port town that is always over-run by 6.30 on a weekend evening who would you rather do it Dabnett or Mills?

broodblik

What I find interesting is that the votes I counted for Top 10 Rebellion Year Tourney so far Mills does not have one strip in the top ten but Abnett has two in the top five. I think when I run the Galaxy's Greatest Tourney we most likely will see a different picture.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Rogue Judge

Dan Abnett!

This is probably easier for me than it should be...Mills has written a few of my favorites but he is more miss than hit for me overall. Way to preachy about anarchy and dark forces etc. I often find myself speed reading through his thrills. Forever grateful for Cursed Earth, early ABC Warriors and (although not 2000ad) Charley's War.

Abnett on the other hand can do no wrong! Lawless, Kingdom, Brink, Insurrection etc. I can read those over and over again, just pure thrill power.

Daveycandlish

In recent years I find I skip reading a lot of Pat Mills' work.
I look forward to, and savour, new episodes of Lawless and Brink.

Abnett for the win.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

WhizzBang

Pat Mills

I have been intrigued to see so much love for Kingdom in this thread and the Rebellion 20 years one. I joined this story in the middle somewhere and have never been able to make any sense of it. Perhaps I need to go back to the beginnning and find out what it is about.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: WhizzBang on 26 June, 2020, 09:16:15 PM
Kingdom in this thread and the Rebellion 20 years one. I joined this story in the middle somewhere and have never been able to make any sense of it. Perhaps I need to go back to the beginnning and find out what it is about.

You should, you really chuffin' should.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 26 June, 2020, 02:32:12 PM

Twice - don't think our voter fraud checks aren't top notch. I'm like a razer sharp vote rigging catchin' person me!

(mind for reason some might be able to grasp I might let this slide. Pat is beginning to pull away, just a little)

One vote was cast while under the influence of alcohol.
Lock up your spoons!

paddykafka

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 26 June, 2020, 11:04:25 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 26 June, 2020, 02:32:12 PM

One vote was cast while under the influence of alcohol.

Only one vote?  :lol: