Main Menu

Best wishes to Dan Abnett

Started by Colin YNWA, 06 August, 2020, 07:09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddykafka

Hope you'll recover soon, Dan. Take care and all the best!

JamesC

Dan Abnett's name on a book is the closest thing you'll get to a cast iron guarantee of quality.
Get well soon and get back to your writing!

Tjm86

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 06 August, 2020, 07:09:36 AM
Dan Abnett our favourite writer without intials JW has left a public post on Facebook letting folks know he's had a ruptured appendix and is in hospital. He seems in good spirits, based on this post and comfortable BUT maybe he's like us to extend a little more love and respect given that since we last lauded him he's co-created another top thrill.

You know, I might be willing to err on the cynical side if it wasn't for the fact that a ruptured appendix is what took the late, great Steve Dillon from us. 

Considering how dangerous one can be, perhaps it might be understandable that he and his family are more than a little shaken up by the experience.

So a great big "Get Well Soon" from one and all ...

That being the case then, an outpouring of support, appreciation, respect and affection is the very least we can do, no?

Heath C Ackley

"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Rately

TordelBack

Quote from: JamesC on 06 August, 2020, 12:07:53 PM
Dan Abnett's name on a book is the closest thing you'll get to a cast iron guarantee of quality.

Fact!

Dandontdare

Sorry Dan, but this is unacceptable. You simply don't have time to be ill, we need you to keep churning out top-class thrills at an unbelievable rate for the prog and meg. Back to work that droid!

Leigh S

I'm assuming "ruptured appendix" is code for Rigellian Hotshot following letting celebrations for the "Not Wagner" writers competition win interrupt the Thrill production - let this be a lesson for all droids! More  seriously, hope you get well soon!

abelardsnazz

Very best wishes Dan, your work is of the highest standards of Thrill-Power so hoping to see more from you soon!

Woolly

Get well soon Dan :)
Extra oil rations upon your return!

Funt Solo

Your appendix was full of wrong!

I had mine taken out before it burst (still no fun), but I've heard it's much worse when it manages to go Krakatoa.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Mardroid

I hope and trust you are better soon Mr. Abnett!

You are one of my favourite writers in 2000ad and comics in general. I look forward to reading more of your stories in future, but no pressure!  :lol: Rest up and concentrate on getting well. God bless.

AlexF

Appendix, sure; may his actual pen never rupture! He uses it too well.

Colin YNWA

I'll send these Monday morning so if there are any more messages for Dan please pop them in and I'll add them.

Jim_Campbell

For those not on FB and/or not friends with Dan, he posted a photo of himself yesterday, sitting in the hospital discharge lounge with his MacBook Pro on his lap, typing away. Clearly, it'll take more than exploding internal organs to slow up the Abnett droid's output.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.