2000 AD > News

Pat Mills in The Times

<< < (2/8) > >>

milstar:
I always thought it's been a bit unfairly for Wagner and Carlos taking the sole credit for Dredd. After all, it was Pat who did The Cursed Earth.

Sad to hear about his abuse. Such schools should be completely devoid of pervs running loose and traumatizing young children  (in the name of "authority").

Jim_Campbell:

--- Quote from: milstar on 05 September, 2021, 07:34:22 PM ---I always thought it's been a bit unfairly for Wagner and Carlos taking the sole credit for Dredd. After all, it was Pat who did The Cursed Earth.

--- End quote ---

…A full year into the strip’s run, featuring a Dredd who struck a noticeably different note from the character’s depiction both before and after. It was interesting to me that when I read the “Complete Judge Dredd” monthly reprints and finally read the first couple of years of the series in sequence, there was very noticeable point where Dredd became recognisably the Dredd of the modern era — specifically, the back end of the Luna-1 run and into the return to MC-1.

Wagner was firmly ensconced as the default writer, and Bolland squared off a lot of those round edges on the uniform, adding those SS lightning flashes to the visor. The moment where Dredd bellows at a potential leaper: “Don’t do it, citizen — littering the streets is an offence!” was the exact point where I saw the Dredd I knew emerge from an awful lot of throw-it-at-the-wall-and-see-what-sticks experimentation.

WhizzBang:
Pat Mills has repeated gone to great lengths to explain that he was not the creator of Judge Dredd but was heavily involved in the development of the strip. This must be the journalist's error and rather than Pat trying to grab credit as creator.

Jim_Campbell:

--- Quote from: WhizzBang on 05 September, 2021, 08:04:51 PM ---Pat Mills has repeated gone to great lengths to explain that he was not the creator of Judge Dredd but was heavily involved in the development of the strip. This must be the journalist's error and rather than Pat trying to grab credit as creator.

--- End quote ---

I disagree. He’s been describing himself as ‘co-creator’ for a number of years now.

Funt Solo:
There is no quote in the posted article, the focus of which is child abuse, where Mills claims to have created Judge Dredd. But carry on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version