Main Menu

Sideshow Vote: Favorite Chief Judge

Started by broodblik, 04 February, 2022, 07:58:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Continuing the tradition of hijacking of Colin's tourney it is time to decide who is your favorite (not best) Chief Judge.

To refresh our aging memory banks of who and the what follow the link to see all the candidates:

https://judgedredd.fandom.com/wiki/Chief_Judge
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

rogue69

Timothy

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

JayzusB.Christ

Silver for me.  An old school hard nut.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Richard

Colin YNWA

Another tough one. For me its between McGruder and Hershey, though the call for Cal is a good one... or Sinfeld for similar villainous machinations.

In the end though I go with Hershey for the development of the character. The beautiful ending, one so good it didn't even need to be an ending!

paddykafka

McGruder - for making goatee beards trendy again.  :)

Rogue Judge

McGruder is dead, long live McGruder. She's actually one of my favorite Dredd characters, especially post long walk.

"Us" went through lot - SSJ, Cheif judge, the long walk, the Cursed earth, return to MC1, another term as chief judge, mental health...and a goatee. Dredd's role in her death was a touching thing too.

Magnetica

Griffin.

Got to love that hair.

I could never work out what was going on with it the way Carlos drew it.

Southstreeter

Richard

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Richard on 04 February, 2022, 04:07:18 PM
Magnetica, do you possibly mean Volt?

That crossed my mind too.  Griffin had fairly normal hair.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

broodblik

For me it is Hersey. We saw her trough a few phases in her career and the how she became Chief Judge was quite intriguing.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Magnetica

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 04 February, 2022, 04:25:19 PM
Quote from: Richard on 04 February, 2022, 04:07:18 PM
Magnetica, do you possibly mean Volt?

That crossed my mind too.  Griffin had fairly normal hair.

No I do mean Griffin.

The way Carlos drew it, and Kazan's for that matter, it looked like one continuous gelatinous mass on his head.

Did no-one else think that?