Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Fiends vs. Bob Byrne’s Twisted Tales Round 2 Heat 26

Started by Colin YNWA, 07 February, 2022, 07:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Surprised how quiet this one has been. I mean we know which way its going but I though the very probably winner would drum up more support. Last chance to do that today as I'll count up in the morning.

Magnetica

Fiends.

The first series is classic 2000AD. The subsequent ones, not so much.

But that's more than enough to get my vote.

broodblik

Quote from: Magnetica on 09 February, 2022, 08:20:23 AM

I am the reverse where the classic series was alright but the Edginton stuff is great
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

sheridan

Quote from: Southstreeter on 07 February, 2022, 05:34:51 PM
Fiends, always decent, but this is mainly a vote against BBTT. Sorry Bob, I like what you're trying to do, but half the time I just couldn't fathom what was going on.

Glad I'm not the only one - sometimes I have to re-read them a couple of times without being able to discern what's going on.  Fiends of the Eastern Front all the way!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 09 February, 2022, 09:28:37 AM
Quote from: Magnetica on 09 February, 2022, 08:20:23 AM

I am the reverse where the classic series was alright but the Edginton stuff is great

Yeah have to be honest that's my take as well. The classic series is brisk and exciting, but ultimately pretty hollow (lovely art aside).

The current stuff is fantastic and is similarly blessed with breathtaking art.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

To the opposite end of the scale. If the other voye closing today is close, very close, here its been stormed by one. The other vote was our most popular to date, this one has been relatively quiet. Either way while I've been please that there has been so much love for Bob Byrne there is also little surprise that

Fiends

makes it into Round 3.