Main Menu

prog 1402

Started by Bico, 09 August, 2004, 01:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art

Well I generally like it. Not really to teh point of excaliming "That's amazing" or anything, but I'm usually happy to see them turn up.

Dudley

Maybe it makes it more enjoyable if you don't know it's a parody of something?  I thought it was another tight, fun episode.

Rio De Fideldo

"King Hell!"

Is this the first time we've had a cover pun based on a swear word?

The Amstor Computer

"Maybe it makes it more enjoyable if you don't know it's a parody of something?"

Perhaps, though it's difficult for me to say, obviously.

VampiraJen

is it just me - and it possibly is as i am ill and weary - but what i've red so far - dredd, cabinc, beckawl, just seems to plod along at a a snails pace

and thatcher!!!   aaahhhhrrrgggg!!!!  nice legs....eeehhhhaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!

Mangamax

Dangerous ground WoD...
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Leigh S

Tis strange, but I personally can't see why  Stront is getting a bit of a "workmanlike but alrightish" reception...  It's bloody brilliant again.  Sure it plays on the successful riffs of the last series and has a similar Stront meets Ace Trucking vibe.  Maybe it's all too easy to take Strontium Dog too seriously, or want Strontium Dog to be as serious as we (possibly mis)remember from our youth...?  Either way (or neither way!), it's just such good fun I'm surprised people aren't getting it - certainly, there seem to be more people who don't 'get' Stront posting (or are not that taken with it) than don't get Bec And Kawl at the mo, which seems pretty weird to me.

Love this story and will almost certainly love the next story and will cry continously while waiting for the follow up to that one!

Bolt-01

I agree with watcher here. The Stront tale is nothing new, won't set the world aright or feed the poor, but it makes me happy.

The expression on Wulf's face this week when headly was goading him was priceless.

The plot may not be testing to many, but thats the deal with Stront, it is pure entertainment.

I listened to 'down to earth' earlier this week and found the mix of action and comedy to be spot-on. This story would fit snugly alongside any from the 'classic' SD era IMHO.

Bolt-01

Oddboy

I feel my comments on Strontium Dog probably sounded harsher then they were meant - I *am* loving the series... it's just that I didn't feel that the story progressed much this last episode. The moments inside it were very good though!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Trout

I liked the entire comic again!

The whole thing!

All of it!

Every bit!

This is why 2000AD is well worth buying.

- Trout

Proudhuff

Yakkite Yak!

No sign of my Zooad yet! GGGRRR!
But perversely two fridge magnets turned up...

Huffy B
DDT did a job on me

Bico

Cabalistics inc - Hellboy?  Don't think so.  It's starting to remind me of that film Waxworks more than anything else.

Apart from that, good prog all round.

Mr D

I don't see any real similarities between Cabs and anything else. It's totally it's own strip.

Having said that, I'm getting more and more frustrated with the incresing number of things that have bizarre mystical happenings and when pressed for an explanation say 'Oh, the Nazis di it. Naughties'

Bek and KAwl was excellent fun! Quite a few people seem to have been put off by the ensemble of recognisable characters. As I saw that, I knew people wouldn't like it! Well re-read it. They don't appear again after that.

Dredd.... Not much good to say about it I'm afraid. Dredd's quite boring, the story feels a little lacklustre and I'm struggling to stay interested. Not normal for a Wagner tale!!

No funting Droid Life. Psh. No letters either?? What the heee?

ABC Warriors.... Loving it. Really, really good stuff. I've always said that I'm not anti-Mills (despite being accused of it whenever I criticise him) and this should rove it. I've not read ABCs before this, but I've really been drawn in. Unlike Savage, the lines all seem to work for me. Very few (if any) clunkers, which is more than I can say for Dredd right now!

Stronty is a different kettle of fish. I'm not 'just glad to have them back' and this story isn't doing much for me so far. I've enjoyed it, sure, but it doesn't feel like it's going anywhere. I'll wait and see with it.

Satanist

First off the bat...Thargs intro, and I quote
"And once you hold my mighty organ in your hands, how do you go about extracting maximum enjoyment from it?" Fnarr Fnarr!
I swear hes turning into Frankie Howard

Cover : Alright I suppose

Dredd : Story stumbles along but still some great Kennedy art. Oh and Dredd gets to use that line at the end.

Cab Inc : Superb. This cant put a foot wrong as far as I'm concerned

B & K : Totally annoying. I mean it was bad enough when Moore did the rhyming but this can just f*ck right off.

ABC Warriors : I really enjoy the art in this but wish the story would get going. Are we going to have to wait till book 3 before the Shadow Warriors make a move?

Stronty : Fun throwaway stuff. Im enjoying this but wont return to read it in a few years.

No Droid life or letters but still a cracking prog.

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Rio De Fideldo

"Dredd : Story stumbles along but still some great Kennedy art. Oh and Dredd gets to use that line at the end."

Ah knew you'd say dat?