Main Menu

New 2000ad blog, your help needed!

Started by Gavin_Leahy_Block, 01 March, 2011, 01:26:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gavin_Leahy_Block

I'm currently, in the process of creating a new 2000ad blog and I really do need the help of everyone on the forum. One of the best things about conventions, apart from the drinking, is the sketches. This is the purpose of the new blog, a showcase of everyone's sketches.
So if you got some sketches of 2000ad characters or by 2000ad artists, I would greatly appreciate it if you could email them to me or send me a link to there location. Please include a little information about them too, so I can add it to the blog. 

CrazyFoxMachine

This sounds like a great idea Gav -

although shamefully I've only got two sketches from Bristol 2001 - one is a weathered yellowing sketch of Nikolai Dante by Simon Fraser and the other is a FCKING MISSING FOR SOME REASON Dredd by Frazer Irving. I have no idea where that went.

Well done Gavin now I'm afraid.

Pete Wells

Noisybast

Bugger. I've been procrastinating over creating a sketch blog for a while now. Oh well - I snost, I lost...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

James Stacey

Great idea Gavin. I'll send you something as soon as I get to a scanner.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Thanks everyone, hopefully the first few posts will be up in the next few days. They don't have to be scans, if you can get a really good picture of it then that's just as good.
Noisy, you are more then welcome to help me out with the blog if you want.

Buddy

mygrimmbrother

Great idea Gavin, I'll bung a couple of things your way later in the week.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

It's not up and running yet, Buddy. But here is a sneak peek:

http://2000adsketchshow.blogspot.com/

The 2000ad sketch show logo is thanks to Pete Wells.

Buddy

Cheers... I have a few I'll be forwarding...

Noisybast

Yeah, I'd be happy to bung some scans in your general direction, Gavin. I've got a fair few nice pics that deserve another airing.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Doesn't someone here have a Nitendo DS with a Frank Quitely Batman on it?
Lock up your spoons!

Kerrin

I've only managed to get a few so far Gav but you're more than welcome to them. Great idea for a blog.

COMMANDO FORCES

You can take mine off facebook Gavin, that should be easy enough (I think). Enjoy your work as the blog soon fills up  ;)

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Taking the lazy option, CF?  :) I shouldn't have a problem doing that, if I do you will be the first to know.
Thanks everyone, I think that I'll take this slow, maybe one or two posts a week, to see the reaction first.