Main Menu

'The Stupid Gun!'

Started by Eck Muttox, 20 March, 2014, 11:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eck Muttox

" Hi.....I'm Eck Muttox...this here is the 'Stupid Gun!' "

The opening line for the story in progs 316-318...probably one of the best and original 'ideas' for a Dredd story...personally anyway...anyone else remember that episode?

Would it have made a decent sub plot or story for a Dredd film do many think?

Not sure if something similar has been done before in a sci-fi type or futuristic fil/tv?

Regards

Eck

Jon

Brilliantly self-satirising, as I remember, especially when the inventor proclaims, "I haven't found a use for it yet."

TordelBack

I never understood how the Stupid Gun was a 'major breakthrough in criminal technology', at least not compared to, say, a regular gun... But I did enjoy the madness.

Eck Muttox

Hi Jon...yes Prof Keefer invents such a nefarious 'weapon' then shelves the development!  :)

I think the major breakthrough was relating to the  'non smart enough to talk' concept of its 'victims' Tordel and the fact it didnt need to be reloaded etc...typical 'ray gun' type zap effect genre

I enjoyed the Zoom-Tube 'stupe up' and the fact the hapless citizens of MC1 could only look on helpless one by one they become reduced into that 'goo-goo' IQ level  :D

Wonder if the Chinese or Russians are working on a model right now!!

Eck

Dandontdare

this story led to an absolutely classic Dredd line: "Drokk! Zoom's full of morons"

Skullmo

A perfect chance to post the page i got last month

Classic!

It's a joke. I was joking.

TordelBack

Quote from: Eck Muttox on 20 March, 2014, 12:32:48 PM
Wonder if the Chinese or Russians are working on a model right now!!

It's called Instagram.

Eck Muttox

" It's called Instagram "

@ TordelBack: Definately some 'Zoom-Tube Stupes!' there  :D

Thanks Dandontdare and Skullmo!...there were a few classic one liners and quotes certainly

If they made a film/tv version of this Dredd story I think 80's style 'Brigitte Nielsen' would be a perfect Crazy Legs Pulver type character to let loose with the Stupid Gun  :lol: