Main Menu

'True War Stories' kickstarter - Alex De Campi, PJ Holden etc

Started by MacabreMagpie, 18 August, 2020, 01:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacabreMagpie

Hey gang. At the risk of blowing my own trumpet, thought I'd pimp the link to a project that myself and a few other creator droids are involved with:

"Vietcong sappers attack a fuel point, only to be foiled by a very alert German Shepherd... An MP guards convoys of mystery bombs in the Thai jungle in 1968... A young Airman copes with post-9/11 paranoia in Okinawa... A Marine sniper in Haiti faces the repercussions of the shot he never took... A team of SEALs help rescue a kidnapped girl in the Philippines... Army interpreters in Iraq battle their toughest foe: the rats of Saddam's palace... A soldier on a late-night run surprises a motorpool saboteur... A young cavalry lieutenant, fresh off the Battle of Kamdesh, meets the Marine half-brother he's never known... A Navy ship reacts to an unusual man overboard... And if you've ever wondered what Christmas was like in a war zone, you're about to find out.

True War Stories is exactly what it sounds like: a 250-page full color graphic novel anthology containing fifteen true tales of American servicepeople overseas. From the heartwarming to the heroic, the hilarious to the harrowing, in stories that span the globe from Vietnam to Afghanistan and everywhere in between. Edited by superstar comics writer Alex de Campi and Iraq War veteran Khai Krumbhaar, the stories feature art from some of comics' finest creators. Every branch of the branch of the military is represented (except the Coast Guard — next time battles) and the stories are told by a mixture of active duty and retired soldiers. (We're never going to say "warfighters.")
"

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/z2comics/true-war-stories-a-comics-anthology