Main Menu

Hello

Started by sbelmont, 08 September, 2012, 12:56:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbelmont

Hi
Having just seen the zarjaz film, I thought I would finally, after quite some time, say hi and then maybe I would be allowed to post to the film threads.

First exposure to the organ of the mighty Tharg was shock at seeing Flesh in a prog around no 7 and have been a subscriber from prog 178 after gradually collecting the rest for 2p each at a second stall that used to be in Exeter Market

Anyway thought the film stood up to Goaty's picture, and Karl Urban is the law (they could have downsized his helmet a bit). Liked what they did with the story considering the constraints they had and have been trying to promote the film at work all day as I want to see the one with the budget that allows the more expansive stories to be told.

Interesting comment from the staff at the Showcase Bristol today that the 3D ticket price of £11 may be off-putting people (and then again the showing was up against the football) - after work there we only 20 in a large screen (hope things are better tomorrow).

Nice to see recognition of John and Carlos first in the title and the various 2000 AD creators (back to Starlord) & forum acknowledged at the end of the titles - a nice nod from the film creators.

Also just got my copy of the Art of Judge Dredd - the cover lifted from Um America Graffiti by Mick McM is something worth paying the extra pounds for.

So finally get out there and enjoy the film. 

Dandontdare

Welcome.

We don't bite.

much.

adogg4629

:D

As a fellow newb to the boards here, welcome.

Aaron

sbelmont

Thanks,

Has anyone had the problem of being classed as a spammer when using an iPAD, this seems to have happened to my account (and is still to this day) when I went on holiday to Croatia two weeks ago?

Is this a tech compatibility issue between a system in the house of Tharg and Apple technology which calls for a little help from Mek Quake

Dandontdare

Don't fret, it'll pass.

Once the movie got announced (ages ago) the board got flooded with trolls and spambots. So now, new joiners just need to hang around and post enough on general threads until the mods have had time to agree that you're not a bot or a psycho, then they'll fully activate you and you can add a profile picture, send private messages and post on the movie threads..

sbelmont